Mojo89 and the staying power of kaisercraft bling

>> Tuesday, June 2, 2009

First of all... yesterday was a baaaad day! I hate the post office. I am not pleased with 3 year old "attitude". And i really dislike when stores dont honor the signs they've left up (unless there is a date on the sign of when the sale ends... in this case, there wasnt). So yeah, not a fun day. So last night I told my hubby i needed some mind calming time with my stamps! And there was an adorable Mojo Sketch yesterday with the bonus of it being the first mojo sketch of the month which means not only a cute sketch but a prize attached to it. ahhhh. nothing like mind calming crafting when you know you just might win something to boot. :)

So here's my card...


I'm actually pretty pleased with the turn out but then i usually am when i use one of Julee's sketches. She kind of does all the hard part for you! :) here's a quick view of her sketch...


For the card i used some patterned paper that a friend, Carri D sent to me. Actually, she sent it all folded up in a super cute envelope style, but i couldnt bear to just let it never be used so i just pieces out of it to use on the card! Unfortunately i had no idea what company it's from. I've emailed her and will edit the post to add that information later! :) ETA: It's Martha Stewart paper! Nice and thick, double sided and available at walmart. I'm on my way!

Here's a close view of the butterfly, i dont think you can tell that it's popped up from the front view!


I used a martha stewart butterfly punch to punch a negative space in the white circle but also punched out of the brown cardstock to pop it up above the negative space. And i'm not sure if this is a good thing or not, but my 3 year old saw the card this morning and asked "mama, is that stickles on that butterfly" to which i said, why yes it is! Should my 3 year old know what stickles look like?

Oh, and here's my funny story about the staying power of kaisercraft bling and pearls (just skip down if you only want the details of the card!). So last night when making this card, i was using chocolate pearls by kaisercraft. I LOVE these! They are so pretty and i can barely keep them in stock on the PMS website! :) Well, i was opening a new package and pulled a little too hard to get them out and a few went flying off. I found all of them but 1. I looked all over the ground, nothing. Oh well, they are very affordable bling and i figured no biggie that i couldnt find one. This morning, i noticed something on my toenail. I looked closer and it was a chocolate pearl! That means it lasted all night in bed and thru my shower this morning without falling off. AND i didnt stick it on there, it just must have landed there when it fell. Now thats some strong adhesive!

Dont forget sneak peeks for the PMS summer release start tomorrow! :)
Read on for more specific details of this card...



Stamps:
Verve Stamps, Beautiful You

Paper:
Patterned Paper: Martha Stewart
Cardstock: Chocolate Chip by Stampin' Up

Tools & Accessories:
Chocolate Ribbon by PaperTrey Ink
Chocolate Pearls by Kaisercraft
Nestabilities Scallop Large Square by Spellbinder
Nestabilties Petite Scallop Circle Large by Spellbinder

8 comments:

Tracey Tuesday, June 02, 2009  

A gorgeous card Katie!

Regina Mangum Tuesday, June 02, 2009  

Love the colors and the popped out butterfly. Lovely!

Lisa Kind Tuesday, June 02, 2009  

Cute card...super funny story!

Olena Tuesday, June 02, 2009  

I really love this! ~Olena~

Katie Ann Brooks Wednesday, June 03, 2009  

This is a lovely card, great colors and perfect for the sketch!

Julee (Vervegirl) Friday, June 05, 2009  

Gorgeous card, Katie! Love the little glitter accents on the butterfly. Thanks for playing! :)

Meli Palmer Friday, June 05, 2009  

This card is just my style!! The paper and colors are divine. And what a funny story about the bling. I seriously need to get some. I will just add it to my *list* ha ha!

And tell me about it...I am so over the three year old attitude as well. I didn't know Jack was the same age as Colin!

Teresa Kline Friday, June 05, 2009  

awesome colors and luv the butterfly.....thanks for palying with the mojo makers!
enjoy *~*

Post a Comment

Thank you SO very much for taking the time in your busy schedule to leave a comment! It just makes my day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blog Sites

Blog Archive

Listen to makeupartistkaties playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP