A card for Ethan

>> Tuesday, June 30, 2009

You may have heard of little Ethan Weiman and his tough battle with Neuroblastoma. Pink Cat Studio created a set of adorable gigi images that are available to purchase HERE. All proceeds go to the Make-A-Wish foundation in Illinois in honor of Ethan.

Seriously, these little digis are just adorable. You can choose to get a little cowboy (Ethan), or a little cowgirl (Ava, ethan's sister) for $4 OR you can get them both together plus some sentiments for the low cost of $6! It really is an outstanding deal!

This week the MyTime challenge was a color challenge. I always mean to participate in Lauren's challenges because for one thing, she's my friend, and for another thing, she has been so supportive of my new stamp adventure and for a third thing, they are just fun challenges! But for this or that reason, I dont always do them. I'm going to get better at that! Well, in light of Lauren's generosity with her give away and support of this fantastic cause, I wanted to support it and help too! So i knew i definitely wanted to participate in the challenge this week and made it my number 1 card making priority. :)

Here's my card using the MyTIme color challenge of Brown, Mustard, Green and Terracotta...



My "terracotta" turned out a little more red than i intended, but oh well. :) Here's a closer look...




ALl the edges have been sponged with buttercup ink from Close to my Heart and Tea Dye Ranger Distress Ink (darker patterned paper inked with brushed corduroy distress ink) and the image has been colored with copics.

And now for...



Stamps
Digi Stamps by Pink Cat
Studios


Copics/Coloring
Hat: E33, E35, E37
Pants: E35, E37
Boots: E39
Belt/Balloon: E08, E19, YR18, CB
Belt Buckle: Y28, CB
Shirt: Y21, Y26
Hair: Y21, "Y20 - custom color" YR23
Skin: E00, E21, E13, E000
Hankerchief, Hat band: G20, G21, G24
Pony: E30, E31, E33, E34
Hooves: E29

Paper:
Wanted paper collection from SU
Brown Cardstock from paper Studio
So Saffron Cardstock from SU

Tools and Accessories
Mat and piercer and template from SU


Thanks for stopping by everyone! I'd love comments if you have the time! :)

11 comments:

AKiteFlier Tuesday, June 30, 2009  

Katie this is absolutely adorable. Great coloring (I had trouble with the Terra Cotta too) and overall layout. Thanks so much for participating and especially for supporting the Weimans. Hugs!

Karen Tuesday, June 30, 2009  

What a cute card! Your coloring is fabulous....I can see a little boy riding at the Fair in him. :> I bought the Weiman Wranglers, but when my printer and I got off to bad terms, I had to go a different route for this color challenge. Yours came out wonderfully! :>

Christi Flores Tuesday, June 30, 2009  

This is too stinkin' cute!!!!

Heather Tuesday, June 30, 2009  

This is adorable! Your coloring is just perfect! Great job!

Kim Tuesday, June 30, 2009  

Katie, girl, I love this! I have got to get a card done myself - I just love these images and for such a great cause.

Tracey Tuesday, June 30, 2009  

This is a fabulous card Katie! Such a great image for such s great cause!

Tina Wednesday, July 01, 2009  

This is just precious!

Jeanette Wednesday, July 01, 2009  

Wow Katie, your coloring is outstanding! I just love your cute card and I will have to go and get that digi set for myself especially when I know that I am helping a good cause.
Thanks for all you lovely comments on my blog. It was so nice to read them! Hugs Jeanette

Dana Gustafson Wednesday, July 01, 2009  

Katie this turned out wonderfully! Your colorng is top notch and I love your piercing details too! Perfect as always :)Thank you for supporting such a wonderful cause and for participating in the challenge!

Lisa Kind Thursday, July 02, 2009  

This is adorable, Katie! Love all the distressing!

Meli Palmer Sunday, July 05, 2009  

That little guy could not be cuter. You colored him flawlessly!

Post a Comment

Thank you SO very much for taking the time in your busy schedule to leave a comment! It just makes my day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blog Sites

Blog Archive

Listen to makeupartistkaties playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP