Black and White copic color plus videos and a image swap for soldiers!

>> Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Ok, you all know my obsession with black and white, yes?

Well, this past month in the copic club i help to run, we used grey copic markers to get the feel of a black and white photo. After running the club/class twice as well as filming a video and doing a step by step photo demo my my own of town students, i ended up with about 8 or 9 black or white colored tildas! That doesnt even include the ones that are partically colored! haha! I made 3 of them into cards. I plan to send the rest of the precolored images to my dear friend, Michelle. She is hosting a colored image swap for soldier cards. You can read all about her swap HERE

The reason i decided to turn 3 of the images into cards is because i did something different with each of the images. The main layout of the card is the same, but each is slightly varied because i was trying to use up scraps for the cards! Go me!

Here's the first card... just a "black and white" card with no extra colors added...

Pretty yes? I used warm grey copics for this. Because i didnt have the patterned paper i longed for (not to self... find some awesome grey patterned paper! Anyone know of any!???), i used some grey cardstock that i love because it's the perfect warm grey from hobby lobby of all places. I used my new stampin up background. Inked it up in some craft white ink (actually from CTMH and it's called white daisy, but any would do) and created myself some patterned paper. :) For the "negative" version of this i used the same background stamp, and inked it up in going grey ink from Stampin Up. The thinking of you sentiment doesnt show up as nicely as i would have liked, but oh well.

Here's card 2... This time i used RV93 (a very dusky grey purple color.... this whole color family is just really really pretty, not too purple, not too pink, not too grey.... love it!) and colored in Tildas lilacs.

Unfortunately, i couldnt get these to photograph to show their real beauty. I guess the black and white is just harder to capture. But i LOVE how this card turned out! Just a subtle and soft pop of color. Can you have a soft pop? I guess thats kinda an ironic thing to say?

And here's my last card... Same thing as before, only this time i added flower soft to the petals in her basket and the ones floating around her...



I'm still learning flower soft, but all i did was dab the flowersoft glue on the flowers (and the flowersoft glue appears to me just like any liquid white glue except maybe it dries a little faster? i added glue all over and then then applied the flowersoft and it had already dried in some spots and i had to add more glue. The flowersoft used was "Lavender" and it definitely pops out on the card. A very neat effect! I can think of a lot of stamps (like cottage windows surrounded by flower pots!) to color in black and white and then use flower soft on!!!! It would be sooooo pretty!

So those are my 3 cards... and as promised... here are some video tutorials of what i did... again, maybe not the bestest job filming... i'm still learning!


and here's video 2... just a continuation of the first video but i was running out of time!

13 comments:

StampinCathy Wednesday, July 01, 2009  

The card is adorable.
Also I wanted to wish you a Happy Birthday!

Becky Carafa Wednesday, July 01, 2009  

What a great technique, these all look amazing!

Ashley Newell Wednesday, July 01, 2009  

Katie, these are fantastic!

Tracey Thursday, July 02, 2009  

All 3 of these are incredible Katie! I love them!

GlitteryKatie Thursday, July 02, 2009  

autiful Katie- funnily enough I did a Bombshell in grey tones!!!

Anonymous,  Friday, July 03, 2009  

LOVE this! I know what you mean about them being much nicer IRL...I feel the same way about my cards everytime and I have an expensive camera...ok - I need a prime lens though! lol Gonna go watch your videos! Thanks for inspiring!
Pam Going Postal

Alexandra Lundgren Friday, July 03, 2009  

Thank you so much Katie. This REALLY helped me to 'get' black and white and it is FUUUUUUUUN!

Anonymous,  Saturday, July 04, 2009  

Katie - I just tried this and posted my Tilda on my blog...
Pam Going Postal
I used cool grays because I don't have a W3, I have W0,1,2,5 and 7...gonna try w/those next and then order #3! I need to practice more but still...very cool! Thanks so much for the instruction!

Meli Palmer Sunday, July 05, 2009  

Oohhhh these are so pretty! And the little flower details...just precious!

Mae Tuesday, July 07, 2009  

Love this so much Katie!! Thank you for the help. These are great. Now off to order those colors.

Dawn B. Thursday, July 09, 2009  

Great cards and what a terrific way to use them. I loved your video. TFS

Stampin_melissa Monday, May 17, 2010  

Great job coloring and love the sound your computer makes! Thanks for the wonderful tutorial!

Post a Comment

Thank you SO very much for taking the time in your busy schedule to leave a comment! It just makes my day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blog Sites

Blog Archive

Listen to makeupartistkaties playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP