Paper Makeup Stamps Sneak Peek day 1

>> Thursday, July 2, 2009

It's the 2nd so that means that sneakie peekies get to start for Paper Makeup Stamps! I'm so excited about this release? Why? Because, for 1 thing, i have some stellar designers who really did outdo themselves this month! 2.) I have a neeeeeew designer (more info on that later... but let me tell you you are going to love her word art!) 3.) We're doing something a little different to test it out and offering some digis! and 4.) Well i'm always excited about new releases! New releases will be available at 9pm EST on July 7th!

So to kick off the sneak peeks, we're doing fairies first this time!

Here is my card using Brandt. Now Brandt is a very special fairy. Alex Lundgren is a big fan and supporter of PMS. Her son, brandt, is deaf. So we came up with this idea (ok, so she said at the last release party how fun it would be to have a deaf fairy, Diem and I ran with it!). I just think he is the cutest thing with his rockin' faux hawk and "I Love You" ASL.




Now i'm going to admit something that some of my copic readers might be a little mad at me for... but when i was coloring this image i was playing a lot with my custom color blends. SORRY! So i dont have exact markers that you can go out and buy. BUT i do have some similar colors that might work for you. So don't hate me!

Quick funny story about making this card... i wanted to play with my "new" custom colors so i just colored away this image without thinking about paper to match. Bad idea. BUT when i looked thru a stack of random papers i've just yet to put away i came across this valentine's collection from Bo Bunny that had the blue and green circle papers with red hearts! It was PERFECT! The blues and greens even matched! I was really excited. But then i suddenly realized i had to make a card with my image that i was so happy with and paper i was in love with and then i was afraid i'd screw something up! So i decided to play in the sketch challenge from last week on splitcoast. :) Life is easier when ya have a sketch! So i used Sketch SC234. And i was very pleased with my card.

here's


Stamps:
Brandt Fairy by Paper Makeup Stamps, to be released July 7th
Sentiment comes with the stamp

Coloring:
Hair: "Y20" would be most similar to YR31 mine just has a slightly more buttercup tone to it, Y21, a smidgen of YR23
Skin: E00, E21, E000 and E11 (for cheeks)
Shirt: B21, B23, Y15 (stripes)
Undershirt: Y11, Y13
Pants: E21, "E23" (similar to E33, just not quite as much of a red tone to it), E25
Shoes "E23", E25
Wings: G20, G21, G24

Paper:
Patterned Paper: Bo Bunny, Flirty Dots, Flirty Birds
Cardsock: Read Red from Stampin UP, white is Solar white from Neenah

Tools and Accessories
Glossy Accents by Ranger (just over the flowers)

Dont forget to check out the rest of the amazing design team's sneak peeks by going to the Paper Makeup Stamps blog or by going to their own blogs (links in the sidebar).

11 comments:

Kim Thursday, July 02, 2009  

Katie, he looks awesome - I love it!

Lisa M. (aka. Lisa @ Farm Fresh) Thursday, July 02, 2009  

He's fabulous! Alex is going to love him!

Anonymous,  Thursday, July 02, 2009  

this is adorable :)

Tracey Thursday, July 02, 2009  

Oh my goodness, I love this Katie! Your card and the fairy are so fabulous!! My wee one is all about the sign language right now. It was the cutest thing to see my 2-year-old teaching her Daddy his colours last night! :)

jan farnworth Thursday, July 02, 2009  

oh my gosh he is so dalring i can just pinch his little cheeks. he is just great.

Randee E Thursday, July 02, 2009  

Such a cute card Katie!! Love that little guy . . .love all the new little guys :0)

Unknown Thursday, July 02, 2009  

Oh...I love him even more now that I know the story! He's soooo cute :) And I remember the conversation about making a deaf fairy. I'm sure Alex will be thrilled!

Helga Marie Bee Friday, July 03, 2009  

OK Calling Steph now, I have to have him!!!!

Meli Palmer Sunday, July 05, 2009  

So totally love this little dude! The 'hawk is awesome.

Alexandra Lundgren Saturday, December 05, 2009  

Can I tell you again how much I love this image and especially that you and Diem created it? It makes me happy just to think about it. Brandt loves it too!

Post a Comment

Thank you SO very much for taking the time in your busy schedule to leave a comment! It just makes my day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blog Sites

Blog Archive

Listen to makeupartistkaties playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP