Hip Hop Hangover!

>> Friday, July 10, 2009

Its a Hip Hop Hangover friday for me! Sorry i didnt post yesterday. The boys have needed some "mama time" since i've been so busy! I took them to Monkey Joes (a big inflatable bounce place) and we played and played!

I was able to sneak in and out of Unity's Hip Hop yesterday. I adore Unity and have been a huge fan for over a year. I placed my first order with from for my birthday (but for my birthday) last year, and since i just hit that mark, i guess i had a birthday with them too!!! Sadly i havent used Unity as much lately. Still trying to find that balance between my own stamp co (which of course i love) but then the other stamp companies (like Unity) that i just love too!

Ok, enough of that though... let's get onto the card!


I wanted to make a card for my girl Christi to thank her for her friendship. This girl LOOOOOOVES cherries, so when the Unity Kit of the Month in June was released, i was ecstatic for the kit to have some cherries in it! What was even better was the sentiment used one of my very favorite fonts?! Recognize it? It's all over my blog! haha.

One of the Hip Hop challenges yesterday was to create a black and white background in any manner we wanted. Other colors were permitted for the rest of the card. So i stamped the cherries randomly over a black piece of cardstock with white daisy craft ink from Close To My Heart. The strip of cherries was stamped with memento ink and then colored with copics. For those that follow my copic tutorials or take my classes, i used the "leaving white space/like paint on a wall" technique. :) Basically, you draw out the space you want to leave the lightest shade and leave it white. You complete your shading and then go over the entire thing with your lightest color. Where it was left "white" or with no color at all, will be the lightest even when some of the color you are layering is the same as the marker you are using. Like paint on a wall, 1 coat, it's there, but it takes a 2nd coat to make it its true color. I have a tutorial (using UNity!) here if you are interested. The base of the leaf i used a simple "flick" method to add some extra shading in addition to the previously mentioned technique.

Quick closeup view...


Here's


Stamps:
All from June KOTM from Unity Stamp Company


Copics/Coloring
Cherries: R24, R27, R29, white gel pen
Stems/Leaves: YG21, YG23, YG25
Outline: T0

Paper:
Cardstock is Basic Black, Real Red, Kiwi Kiss all from Stampin Up; White is Solar White from Neenah

Tools and Accessories
Ocean ink from CTMH sponged onto edges
Red Bling from Studio G


Thanks for stopping by!!!!!

27 comments:

Jacqueline Friday, July 10, 2009  

Oh this is beautiful hun!!! LOVE the cherries!!

Rachel Friday, July 10, 2009  

That is a great card! totally love the white on black

Katy Friday, July 10, 2009  

love the cherries! great card!

Karen J. Friday, July 10, 2009  

Love this card..the cherries are so cute.

Becky Carafa Friday, July 10, 2009  

This is so cool, Katie! Fabulous job coloring, and that background is wonderful!

ANAT S Friday, July 10, 2009  

LOVE the cherries!!
great card

silvia Friday, July 10, 2009  

Katie~ Cherryliscious card!!

Unknown Friday, July 10, 2009  

so CUTE Katie! Love the cherries stamped with white on the black... Thanks for sharing :)

Unknown Friday, July 10, 2009  

love it!!! great card

Shaela Friday, July 10, 2009  

gorgeous card! I haven't been to Hip Hop in ages - maybe I'll try to get back sometime!

Jenn Friday, July 10, 2009  

that card is the sweetest!

Ari Vega-Macias Friday, July 10, 2009  

we are all ADDICTS....i love the cherries

Unknown Friday, July 10, 2009  

Katie, luv your card and luv how you share your coloring tips! TFS!

Lisa H. Friday, July 10, 2009  

great use of those cherries! cute, cute card, Kaite!

FibreJunky Friday, July 10, 2009  

I really do love that card, Katie! I still think it's perfect.

Suz Friday, July 10, 2009  

Cutest card around. Love the color combo

Anonymous,  Friday, July 10, 2009  

super cute card!!! i love the black and white cherries almost as much as the colored ones ;)

Anonymous,  Friday, July 10, 2009  

Super cute!!

Linda Friday, July 10, 2009  

Katie

I like that little cherry card.... hotwheels

deifen Saturday, July 11, 2009  

Hi Katie!
I've just discovered paper makeup and your wonderful blog!I love the style of all your creations and I adore your company's stamps.I bought the precious Fairy for Kayleigh digi-stamp last night and have already made a card out of it! I think this could be the start of a new addiction lol!
Dei from Ireland x

Meli Palmer Tuesday, July 14, 2009  

Wow, that is colored so beautifully. And what a perfect card for Miss. Christi Lou!

Post a Comment

Thank you SO very much for taking the time in your busy schedule to leave a comment! It just makes my day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blog Sites

Blog Archive

Listen to makeupartistkaties playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP