A Cupcake for Dawn!

>> Friday, July 17, 2009

My dear friend, Dawn, just celebrated a birthday.  I made this card for her.  With all intentions of getting it up on my blog FOR her birthday.  But it was during my slight leave of absense.  hahahaha.  I also used the monday mojo sketch from this week!


Here is my card...





I used the Sprinkles and Cherries set from Paper Makeup Stamps. This set is fun because it's like a buildable cupcake. I added the cherry AND the sprinkles (or they could be chocolate chips which is what i decided when i stamped them in brown). But there is also a candle you can put in there. There are a few sentiments with interchangeable words. All in all, just a fun set to mix up.

I paperpieced my cupcake top with with of the retired DP from Stampin Up called Candy Lane. (The bottom of my cupcake is colored with Copics). I still like to add a little bit of shading when i do paperpiecing, especially on larger pieces. So i took my T1 grey copic marker and just did a little bit on the cupcake. It helps make it stand out, i think! The cherry was stamped on top but also stamped onto neenah white cardstock and cut out and glued on top.

Ok... onto...


Stamps:
Sprinkles and Cherries set from Paper Makeup Stamps

Coloring with Copics:
Cupcake Base: R000, R00, R30
Cherry: R24, R27
Shading T1

Paper:
Patterned Paper: Candy lane by Stampin Up
Cardstock: Close to Cocoa (SU), Sweet Blush (PTI), Maraschino (Bazzill), Solar White (Neenah)

Tools and Accessories
Ribbon from AC Moore


And just a quick shout out to my friend Robby before i go! He's been working hard to run in the NYC marathon! I'm very proud of him! He has been working hard to raise the money needed to secure his spot in the race. He is currently being trained by The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society and all the money goes directly to them. I'm not asking you to donate (i know times are tough!) but if this is cause you support, and you dont have someone you already sponsor, would you consider helping my friend reach his goal? Secure donations can be made HERE. I'm not asking you to donate (i know times are tough!) but if this is cause you support, and you dont have someone you already sponsor, would you consider helping my friend reach his goal? He only has to get to $950 to secure his spot. :)

Ok, that is all! :)

3 comments:

Meli Palmer Friday, July 17, 2009  

Aw, I love the paper piecing on the cupcake. That set is so much fun to play around with. I love how all the pieces of the set are separate so you can mix and match. Great job!

Lisa Kind Sunday, July 19, 2009  

Awww...what a cute card for our friend Dawn! Hope your friend makes it to the marathon...that's a lot of hard work!

Post a Comment

Thank you SO very much for taking the time in your busy schedule to leave a comment! It just makes my day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blog Sites

Blog Archive

Listen to makeupartistkaties playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP