PMS Freebie Friday!

>> Friday, July 31, 2009

Sorry i've been absent for a coupla days!  It's been a mad house trying to get things in order before i leave town tomorrow plus on top of that it'll be SNEAK PEEK WEEK for Paper Makeup Stamps august release!  Bad time to be out of town, huh?  Well, i'll still have my computer and the ability to post, just not the ability to craft, so i need to have everything together and photographed before i leave!  So thats what i've been busy doing!  I DID have a post for yesterday, but an absentee camera made that null and void for me! grrrrr.


Ok, today is friday which means PMS has a freebie digi for you.  Go to the PMS blog to read all about the freebie, and see some utterly fantastic creations by some of the design team members!

Here's a picture of whats being given away...





And here's the card i made for my hubster...


A little background on the freebie. This is one of the ones that i put together. Since i'm leaving town, and then the day before i get back my hubby will be leaving town (bad timing on our parts) i wanted to make a card to tuck into his bag. His friends can then just tease him about it his whole hiking trip. hehe. When i was looking for a good quote thru my quote book... i came across this and fell in love all over again from the first time i found it. It very much describes my husband and i (and any couple in love really). No one is perfect. We all have our flaws and differences. But when it boils down to it, those differences fill in each other. My husbands strengths fill my flaws and vice versa. We really are a nice pair the two of us, if i do say so myself. :)

Ok, the in depth details about the card... if you dont care about the chatter, just skip down to "the deets" and it will give you the product only low down!

I will say i was quite pleased by how things turned out! But i've gotten a little obsessed with my copic airbrush! You can make anything work for you! Love that! I really wanted some black flowers. Ironically i wanted the black flowers i saw while shopping at Michael's the other day with my friend Rachel. (check out her blog candy!). But I didnt buy them. What to do now?! So i took some orange flowers i bought in the flower department at Hobby Lobby and then airbrushed them black. It worked nicely. But they werent shimmery like the ones at Michael's. So i took my Baby's Breath Spritz and shimmerized them. You might remember i did this same thing the other day with some ivory flowers making them teal for my card. Oh how i love the airbrush!

here's a close up photo...

You'll notice too have pretty and shimmery my swirls are! I used my Quickcutz Flourish die to cut out some black paper. And then i took my Pitch Black spica pen and just colored them in. Easy as that! Very pretty outcome... no messy glitter! :)

Here's the nitty gritty for the card...


Stamps:
Digi Wordart for Paper Makeup Stamps

Paper:
Patterned Paper by Bo Bunny
Cardstock: Kraft by Neenah, Summer Sun by SU, Black by SU

Tools and Accessories:
Nesties Long Rectangle, plain and scalloped, small size
Spica pen in Pitch Black
Copic Airbrush with Black 100 marker
Fabric Flowers from Hobby Lobby
Baby's breath Spritz
Quickcutz flourish die
Black Satin Ribbon by Offray
bling by Darice

Thanks for dropping by! Come by again tomorrow because i'm participating in the Anya Birthday Blog Hop! You'll want to start at the beginning of course at the Club Anya but i might just have an extra treat for you for fun! :)

6 comments:

Kim Friday, July 31, 2009  

Katie, that looks so great - I bet he will love it!

Tina Friday, July 31, 2009  

So super cute! I love the airbrushing too. It's hard not to use it on everything.

stampingtink Friday, July 31, 2009  

What a sweet card and I'm sure youre husband won't mind the harassing too much! He's a great stand up kind of guy! Love how you did the flowers. Make the most of what you have! And love the spritz! Love the bella tote and I'd love to know how you made it. And those coasters are just gorgeous! You've been really, really busy! Love it all!

Big hugs to you,

Susan

Shaela Friday, July 31, 2009  

beautiful card! great, I have to look into the airbrush now... ;)

Randee E Friday, July 31, 2009  

I love this quote and those glimmery flourishes you made. Such a great card! Looking forward to trying these digi's out. I printed out the 1st one. . . now to just figure out what to do :0) Have a great trip!

Meli Palmer Friday, July 31, 2009  

This card is just right for a guy. It's got the flowers and swirls to keep it *lovey* but the colors are really perfect. I'm sure he will love it - and what nice things you said about him. Very sweet.

Post a Comment

Thank you SO very much for taking the time in your busy schedule to leave a comment! It just makes my day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blog Sites

Blog Archive

Listen to makeupartistkaties playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP