EIC 45 - a bizzy little bee

>> Tuesday, July 21, 2009

It's been awhile since i've been able to participate in the EtsyInspired Challenges.  I really felt like it was time to remedy that!  So i decided to check out this week's Etsy shop, The Daily Pincushion, and my wheels began to turn immediately!!!!  There are so many ADORABLE pin cushions!  I mean, seriously?!  I dont really sew that much, (ok, at all) but these pin cushions MAKE me want to sew!  Although i'd have a hard time poking anything into one of them!  hahaha.


Here is the pincushion i decided to use as my inspiration...




Now, admittedly, i take inspiration challenges VERY literally! I think it's fun to try to take something NON card, and turn it into a card. And i usually try to do it in a manner that really turns that object INTO a card. So it's a little more of a copy than just an inspiration, but that extra challenge to really do that, is fun to me. :)

Here's the card i came up with...

Pretty close, huh?  I did have a lot of fun with it!  I took a scrap of Tangerine Tango cardstock and ran it thru the cuttlebug to emboss (swirls folder).  Then i used an EK success punch to punch out the flower.  The vine/stem of the flower used my new quickcutz flourish die (that i HAD to get because my girl Dawn always uses swirls to embellish her cards and i LOVE them).

I stamped the bee from Buggy Sayings (PMS) onto solar white cardstock by Neenah and cut him out.  I also stamped him directly onto the cardstock base i'd be putting him on so i wouldnt have to cut out his legs!  :)  He was colored in with copics.

The bee trail was just doodled on with a pen.  Here's a couple of extra views... sorry the close up of the bee is so dark!  I was trying to get the sparkles!




and now...


Stamps:
Buggy Sayings from Paper Makeup Stamps

Coloring/Copics
Bee: Y13, Y15, Y18, N4, N6

Paper:
Tangerine Tango, Blue Bazzill (already textured with the dots) not positive on the name of the color, sorry, Sunflower CTMH, Solar White Neenah

Tools and Accessories
Cuttlebug Swirls Embossing Folder
Black CTMH marker for doodling
Creative Memories Custom Cutting System circle template
Quickcutz Flourishes die
Creative Cafe Glitter Glue in Spirit White
Green Button from Creative Cafe
Yellow DMC floss

Thanks for dropping by today!!!!  Feel free to leave some love.  hehe.

15 comments:

Kim Tuesday, July 21, 2009  

Katie, that looks awesome!

de Tuesday, July 21, 2009  

Katie! Amazing! I love your take on your inspirational pincushion! It's spot on and adorable! Thanks for playing EIC this week!!!

Meli Palmer Tuesday, July 21, 2009  

I take my challenges literally too - and wow, you really hit the nail on the head here. Love the Cuttlebugged flower and I totally have my eye on that bee!

Shaela Tuesday, July 21, 2009  

sooo CUTE! I love it

Tracey Tuesday, July 21, 2009  

This is just adorable Katie!! I love your card!!

Anonymous,  Wednesday, July 22, 2009  

WOW, I had to look twice! Your card looks just like the inspiration piece. FABULOUS :)

Randee E Wednesday, July 22, 2009  

OMG!! This is absolutely A-Dor-A-BLE!! Love the colors and the bee is fab. Love how you colored him to give him a hint of chubbiness. I LOVE those big fat bumblin' bees :0) I think I need to get this set out and play!_

Christina Fischer Wednesday, July 22, 2009  

Wow -- you really nailed it! It looks just like the inspiration piece! Love that sentiment, too! :)

Elizabeth P Thursday, July 23, 2009  

I love your card! beautifully done!

Ashley Newell Thursday, July 23, 2009  

Holy moly Katie! This is jaw dropping! Wow! My favorite of everything you've made! Thanks for playing along with the EtsyInspired challenge this week, it means a lot to me!

de Saturday, July 25, 2009  

YEA KATIE! YOU WON! Your card was stunning! It was great seeing you play along this week!

Kerry Saturday, July 25, 2009  

Wow! I almost didn't realize that your card wasn't just another picture of the pincushion! Beautiful job! And Congrats!

FibreJunky Saturday, July 25, 2009  

OMG!! That is SO perfect!!! I LOVE it!! You rock, Katie!

Lisa Trombitas - www.stampwithlisat.com Monday, July 27, 2009  

Love how you were able to practically recreate a 3D fabric piece on a card! Great job - and congrats on winning one of those adorable pincushions yourself. Will you be able to poke holes into its lovliness?

Post a Comment

Thank you SO very much for taking the time in your busy schedule to leave a comment! It just makes my day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blog Sites

Blog Archive

Listen to makeupartistkaties playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP