Sunday Quick and Easy!

>> Sunday, July 19, 2009

So sunday's are days about spending time with family, worship, fellowship, good times. I've decided (we'll see how long this lasts! ha!) to post a quick and easy project on sundays. Not every project I will have actually created on a sunday, but the idea is that the project will be something easy to put together so if you should feel like crafting on a sunday, you could do this and still have time to spend with family!

Here's my first Quick and Easy project...

A bulletin board! I actually altered this already pretty sleek looking bulletin board for my Secret Sister. She's gotten the gifts now and knows who i am so i'm not spoiling anything!

Here's an overview of the board...


This project (i thought) was a terrific idea because my SS is a principal at a middle school, so she has an office. However, she is fun and sassy and deserved a bulletin board that matched her very fun personality! Not just the average i bought this to stick stuff to bulletin board. Thats just not her!

So i bought this multipurpose board at Michael's. It was half dry erase for notes, and half cork. Now it was time to personalize it! Easy!

My SS's favorite colors are "black and red and white together forever!" So I took that thought and ran with it!


First i found these adorable paper clips at walmart. I knew they would make a great addition. I used really strong permanent adhesive to mount the clips to the board in various places. To give her an idea, i created some simple photo mats. She can either use those mats and use photos, on her board, or she can remove the photomats and clip in whatever she'd like.

Next I altered some plain white buttons using rubons just to give them an extra flair. These buttons i then sewed onto some fabric flowers. The larger flowers where adhered to the corner of the board as a decoration. 2 Smaller buttons were also altered with rubons and then adhered to the tops of magnets (that came with the board but were just plain! no fun!). The dry erase side of the board is magnetic!

I didnt take a closer pictures of some of the other details, but i did add some bling rhinestones to the corners of the board, etc.

All in all, i think this project took me about 15 minutes! But it still made a cute and easy gift that means a lot more than just a storebought gift. I made a bulletin board around christmas time for my Brother-in-Law and used rubons on the frame to put his name, and made more masculine clips, etc. No flowers or bling on his. haha. but you can see how easy it is to adapt it to the person you are creating it for!

Thanks for dropping by today!

4 comments:

Lou Sims Sunday, July 19, 2009  

WOW, this is such a fab idea and a brilliant gift. Well done you and I know your SS will love it. How posh is her office going to be now?!?

Lou
x

Stephanie Sunday, July 19, 2009  

Thanks sooooo much Katie for everything! I love the board and I will put it and the ceramic tiles in my office to "JAZZ" it up!

Meli Palmer Monday, July 20, 2009  

This is a really great idea and what a fun - and sassy - gift! She is one rockin' principal!

Post a Comment

Thank you SO very much for taking the time in your busy schedule to leave a comment! It just makes my day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blog Sites

Blog Archive

Listen to makeupartistkaties playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP