Paper Makeup Stamps Sneak Peek day 4

>> Sunday, July 5, 2009

So it's day 4 of the Paper Makeup Stamps sneak peek and I am more than ecstatic to preview this set! This is a set i've been just aching to do and when i mentioned some of the quotes to Shaela she LOVED the idea and she even had couple of quotes of her own (literally!, one is her quote!) So she whipped up some word art lickety split and the set started to come to life! She even drew me a rainbow and clouds, something i wanted anyway but hadnt even told her! We're so n'sync! hahahaha. So all i really needed to do was draw a little umbrella and the set was done! Spectacular!

The set includes 4 word art quotes plus a rainbow with clouds image, 2 separate clouds and an umbrella. In this digi set, 1 of the wordart quotes and been tucked neatly inside the rainbow. Lots of possibilities with all uplifting rainfilled quotes! I LOVE THIS SET!

Here's my card... perfect for a rainy day!



I did the layering in photoshop with the quote, umbrella and clouds and then just printed it out. SO easy! Then i filled in the clouds with liquid applique and puffed it up with my heat gun. I didnt even wait for it to dry! I wanted the inconsistency! Then i created a little negative mask and used my copic airbrush to make my puffy clouds not so unrainy day looking! haha. They turned out just like i had envisioned!

My umbrella i colored in with copics and then used the colorless blender to create polkadots (or raindrops, which ever you think they look more like!) Some light copic colors highlight the words in the quote. Then some layers and i was done! LOVE those cards!

here's some close up views of those clouds (i'm kinda proud of them, can ya tell?)



Here's the



Stamps:
Digi set, raindrops and rainbows from paper Makeup Stamps (to be released July 7th)

Copics:
BG32, BG34, Colorless belnder
word highlights bg000, y000, rv000
airbrush color in C3

Paper:
Martha Stewart Patterned Paper
Basic Grey cardstock from Stampin Up, and Bermuda Bay cardstock from Stampin Up

Tools and Accessories
cuddlebug folder swiss dots
kaisercraft pearls in pewter
aqua satin ribbon from walmart
liquid applique in white
copic airbrush


Dont forget to check out the PMS blog to see the other design teams AMAZING creations!!!!!

8 comments:

Tina Sunday, July 05, 2009  

Love this, the colors are perfect!

Kim Sunday, July 05, 2009  

Katie, that is beautiful. I love love love those clouds!

Alanna Sunday, July 05, 2009  

Great card. I think I might have to get this set. I love that quote.

Shaela Sunday, July 05, 2009  

wow, I LOVE your card!! the clouds are spectacular. I love this set too! :)

Tracey Sunday, July 05, 2009  

This is fabulous Katie! I love that quote and the colours on this are gorgeous!!

Helga Marie Bee Sunday, July 05, 2009  

Oh Great, more stamps that I can't live without...LOL THANK YOU KATIE, that card is adorable, I'm gonna be placing another order soon.
Time to create an inventory page for sentiments

Meli Palmer Sunday, July 05, 2009  

I think the clouds look adorable. I also really love your simple (and beautiful) color palette with this card. Truly great work!

Randee E Sunday, July 05, 2009  

Wow this is gorgeous!! What a great set. This release is by far the best yet :0)

Post a Comment

Thank you SO very much for taking the time in your busy schedule to leave a comment! It just makes my day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blog Sites

Blog Archive

Listen to makeupartistkaties playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP