TSG10 Challenge with a Father's Day Card

>> Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day everyone! I havent had internet all weekend! I hate charter, and i know that hate is a strong word... but i HATE charter! grrrrr. Even now i'm "borrowing" the neighbors internet, so i'll try not to be too longwinded in this post. ;)

For my father's day cards I decided to use the There She Goes Challenge (issued Friday, yep, i'm a little on the behind side still, but they are done on time and thats all that matters!). The challenge was to do some shadow stamping is is actually never something i've done (on purpose anyway!). You ink up the stamp and stamp the image, but then pick it up and without reinking it, you restamp the image slightly beside the first image. Notice how i've said i've never done it on purpose before today! hahahaha. The 2nd part of the challenge was optional, but it was to do a gift card holder of sorts. So since both my hubby and daddy are coffee drinkers, i decided to use the coffee set "Let's Get Together" from There She Goes and put a starbucks gift card on the side.

Here is my card...



My hubby loves the color grey about as much as I do. ;) So i got to use some of my new grey cardstocks i've been hunting down. The dark grey is smokey shadow from PTI, the medium is Basic Grey from SU and the light is going grey by SU). I stamped the image with versafine on neenah first and cut it out. Now let me give a little shout to TSG for the quality of the clear rubber. You never know when you order from a new clear company what the true quality of the polymer will be. And i know i mentioned the polymer from TSG in my last post using TSG but this time, i was using versafine with i love iwth all my heart, but i will say that it does usually "tinge" my stamps. They arent horribly stained or anything, but tinged with color yes. This did NOT happen with my stamps i used today (which i was using for the first time, finalllllllly). This was a thrilling moment for me. :)

Ok, more on the card. I stamped the drink holder on some bazzill (i think it was fawn, but it's just a scrap so i'm not sure). Everything is paper pieced and layered which is a new fav look for me. I just love how crisp it looks and the added dimension it gives! I did use my T1 copic marker to give a little bit of shading on the cup.

Have you spotted my shadow stamping yet? It's the steam. :) So not a whole heck of a lot of shadow stamping, but i really liked the effect it gave.

Now onto part 2 of the challenge... the gift card holder! It's on the inside, and now very crafty, but it's there. hehe.



Here i used a Studio G 1 dollar stamp set. I loved the father's day sentiment and the rest on the set was just bonus! The argyle is from the same set, and i didnt realize it was in the set until AFTER i used an argyle embossing folder. Sweet! (does anyone even say that anymore?) OH, And i did want to mention that the argyle embossing folder is the sizzix one instead of the cuddlebug on. It's a deeper impression that cracked my paper a wee bit BUT its larger than the cuddlebug folders which i really really liked!
I did some doodling to make stitches along all the sides EXCEPT the top. I wanted it to look like a pocket, like shirt pocket. I used white glue along all the edges (but the top of course) and then the gift card just sides inside. Easy Peasy.



Stamps:
"Let's Get Together" from There She Goes
Inside of card is from Studio G series 30

Paper:
Dark Grey Cardstock is Smokey Shadow from Papertrey Ink, Medium Grey is Basic Grey from Stampin Up; Light Grey is Going Grey from Stampin Up

Tools and Accessories
Inks: Versa Fine Black Onxy, Vintage Sepia and Crimson Red, inside of card also uses Going Grey ink from Stampin Up
Embossing Folders: Argyle is from Sizzix, Distressed Lines is from Cuddlebug
Brads from American Crafts

9 comments:

Tina Sunday, June 21, 2009  

Good grief, this is perfect. I just love this set too.

Christi Flores Sunday, June 21, 2009  

This is fantastic!! Wow!!!! Happy Father's Day to Greg!!!

Tracey Sunday, June 21, 2009  

This is a fabulous card Katie!! What a fabulous set!

Unknown Sunday, June 21, 2009  

Katie, this is fantastic!! Love your take on the challenge!! You used the set so perfectly and fabulously!!

Anonymous,  Monday, June 22, 2009  

Super cute card!! I love the embossing, those patterns are both great for masculine cards :)

Randee E Monday, June 22, 2009  

is soo cool! I love the cuttlebug background with the dark grey - very striking and manly :0) And the shadow stamping is perfect too!

There She Goes Clear Stamps Monday, June 22, 2009  

You did an awesome job on this Katie! I love the colors you used and I think it's perfect for a coffee gift card. Thanks for playing along!!

Meli Palmer Friday, June 26, 2009  

Mmmm, the coffee card is great. I so totally need that set. I love gray too...love brown more, but I've been trying to use more gray.

Post a Comment

Thank you SO very much for taking the time in your busy schedule to leave a comment! It just makes my day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blog Sites

Blog Archive

Listen to makeupartistkaties playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP