>> Monday, June 15, 2009

Hello everyone! I actually got the monday challenge for PMS done yesterday! I had to become "the amazing one handed crafter!" again (which to those who havent read those posts, it means i'm slinging a baby on my hip the entire time i've crafting which only gives me 1 hand/arm to work with). So I kept my card pretty simple. :)

Each week a different design team member issues a challenge over on the PMS blog. This week it was Jamie Morris' turn and she had a super fab color combo for us to try out. It was non company specific so a range of different hues were used (which was super fun to me!) Her colors were chocolate, summer yellow, aqua and white or cream. I dont think i would have used these colors together in a million years (unless they were already put together in a patterned paper) but i really do like them together. :) The juxtaposition of the colors really make them pop together!

I actually made 2 versions of the same card. Or rather i finished 1 card and then had an idea and added it to the card, but i couldnt decide if i liked it better or not. I asked the design team and their thoughts were split down the middle.
Which one do YOU like the best?








Stamps:
Starstruck by Paper Makeup Stamps

Inks
Summer Sun by Close to My Heart, Chocolate by Close to my Heart

Paper
White Daisy by Close to my Heart, Chocolate Chip by Stampin Up, Caribbean Aqua by Stampin Up

Tools and Accessories
Ribbon by American Crafts
Buttons by Creative Cafe
Embroidery Floss by DMC (sewing/cross stitch section of the craft store, but it is embroidery floss, not cross stitch thread, it's thicker, doesnt pull apart, etc)
Chestnut Roan chalk ink by Cat's Eye

Thanks for stopping by today!!!

7 comments:

Jaymerz Monday, June 15, 2009  

these are adorable, I still can't decide which one I like better

Lisa Kind Monday, June 15, 2009  

They are both so cute! Love the way you used the colors (and the bow is cute too!).

Kim Monday, June 15, 2009  

I love both of these - that ribbon is adorable!

Anonymous,  Monday, June 15, 2009  

I love this, I'm so into stars right now :)

Meli Palmer Friday, June 26, 2009  

Love the buttons on the second one. Such pretty *simple* cards. I had a good time with this challenge too...the colors made it easy to find inspiration.

Post a Comment

Thank you SO very much for taking the time in your busy schedule to leave a comment! It just makes my day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blog Sites

Blog Archive

Listen to makeupartistkaties playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP