a quick post with the greeting farm

>> Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Why does this week seems just as busy as last week?! This week was supposed to be easier! More time! More crafting! So far, not so much! A few wholesale orders have kept me busy, and my kiddos have Vacation Bible School which i was asked to help with. Which i love ot help, but no summer camp/school for my the 3 year old, plus having someplace to be every evening has definitely not helped me be ahead of schedule, thats for sure!

BUT, i realized this AM i do have a card that i didnt post from a few weeks ago. It was for a contest that was put up in a blog poll (for The Greeting Farm club i'm a member of! And since it was to be an anonymous poll, i didnt think it was very far for me to post my creation on my blog as well.

Here's my card...



now this card proved to be a big challenge for me! When we joined the club we were given a bag. the challenge was to use anything in the bag for our project. Now limited supply challenges are normally very fun to me, but i just kept running into obstacles! :) we were given a popcorn bag (which my son stole, handed to daddy and daddy popped all without my knowing, so no popcorn for me, We were also given a bevy of printed digi images. These images did NOT like my copic markers. Which is fine, i'm just so used to using them! And my first choice of printed digi was a no go due to some smearing. So i went with my next option, the Pokey Trio and colored it with prismacolors and baby oil. We were also a 6x6 square of The Greeting Farm patterned paper (super cute, i have GOT to get myself a stack!), and some ribbon that didnt end up going with the rest of my color scheme after i picked out my cardstock (silly me).

So now i felt like i was getting somewhere. I liked my image was colored even though i've used colored pencils and baby oil only a handful of times. Then, i got this hard brained idea to add some black fun flock. In my head i was thinking, the last time i tried fun flock, it didnt totally stick, it just left a light layer of fuzz. That would be cute on here. So i added lines of glue with my glue pen and put the fun flock on top. Um... it did more than left a little light layer of fuzz. A lot was left... leaving me with AFRO hedgehogs. I was dying in laughter. I thought i could use a third digi image, or I could leave my seemingly 70's inspired hedgies. I kept thinking back to a photo shoot i did YEARS ago in Los Angeles. It left me happy. So i decided to leave my afro hedgies. THen i needed to find a sentiment for my card. I realized i do not have very many greeting farm sentiments at all! And normally i have no problem mixing and matching with stamp companies to have sentiments, but since this was a Greeting Farm challenge, i really did want to stick with TGF. But when i looked thru my sets, i noticed Lucky Bunnies has some sentiments and then i saw one said Be Happy. Since the afro hedgies left me with happy makeup feelings, i thought it was only appropriate!

Ok, so thats my loooong story about my card. So much for "quick post" huh? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.



Stamps
Pokey Trio Digi stamp by The Greeting Farm,
sentiment from Lucky Bunnies also by TGF

Coloring Medium
Prismacolor pencils (warm grey's and a little bit of a pink) and baby oil

Paper
Patterned Paper, Sunny Glen by TGF
Cardstock: Red from Creative Memories, Basic Black from Stampin Up

Tools and Accessories
Button by Creative Cafe
Ribbon: By Spool o' ribbon 1/8in black satin
Black Fun Flock

6 comments:

Kim Tuesday, June 16, 2009  

Katie that's adorable!

Randee E Tuesday, June 16, 2009  

Afro hedgies!!! That's sooo funny and soo cute :0)

Lindsy Tuesday, June 16, 2009  

That is a super cute card! I love the hedgies :o)
I can totally relate to the frustrations of not being able to use copics on all images (I have totally been there before) ~ but none-the-less the card is adorable (how can you NOT smile at those little hedgies?!?) :o)

Ciacchina Tuesday, June 23, 2009  

mi sono innamorata di questa card! è bellissima e la famiglia di riccetti è adorabile!

Meli Palmer Friday, June 26, 2009  

Those little cuties SOOOO gave me a giggle. :o)

Post a Comment

Thank you SO very much for taking the time in your busy schedule to leave a comment! It just makes my day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blog Sites

Blog Archive

Listen to makeupartistkaties playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP