Bella clutch take 2

>> Sunday, June 14, 2009

So it's amazing what i'm finding in my computer that i havent posted on my blog. Woops. Looks like i could have been posting this past week afterall! Well, that would have required me to sit in one place for more than 10 minutes!

My class/copic club meeting at Funkie Munkie went fabulously yesterday. Everyone really seemed to enjoy coloring in black and white. I have photos of my sample images taken, but i've decided to go ahead and wait til i actually get them put on a card to post them here on my blog! But i will say that i do adore how it turned out and my marathon search for my tilda stamp (for those that follow me on twitter) was well worth it in the end. :)

Here is take 2 on the bella clutch i made for last month's bella club at Funkie Munkie. After i had finished it and took it into the munkie, Stephanie said she loved it, but she had a confession to make, she forgot what paper i had requested and she had let one of the other design team members take ALL of the pink polka dot paper!!!! I mean every single last sheet! And Steph needed to mail kits out to the club members pronto. ACK! So we changed the color scheme and pulled some new paper and created a new bella clutch. For all intents and purposes, it looks pretty much the same. Not as much detail, i.e. no stitching, because i wanted o create the new one ASAP but it just goes to show what a lifesaver Lauren Meader's templates can be! I worked this new little clutch up in seriously 10 minutes... MAYBE! It might have taken me LESS! Really, when all you have to do is print, cut out, score, fold and tape... and bada bing bada boom, you're done.... it's fantastic! Tiny plug, she has new templates coming out tonight at midnight! And one of them is seriously the cutest picnic basket i've ever seen! I WILL be purchasing it! Thank goodness it's a download and she cant sell out because i dont know that i can stay awake til midnight! hahaha.

SORRY! i'm wordy today! Onto the clutch!





Still cute right? Just think of it this way, every girl has to have her favorite purse in multiple colors, right? This is bella's summery clutch for when she's hitting the boardwalk. hahahahaha.

Look cardfully at the base... thats some embossed cardstock by bazzill. It comes in a variety of different embossing designs and it retails for the exact same time as all the other bazzill. Nice! And it comes in a variety of colors. Funkie Munkie does carry quite a bit of this stuff, so you can check it out for yourself if you are local.



Stamps
Content-to-be-a-bella from Stamping Bella, the one seen is the mini that comes in the pack!; sentiment is one of Mwahbella's accompaning sentiments

Coloring
Copic Markers (again, not a lot of shading going on... this is the SMALL bella so there isnt much space to color!
Skin: E00, R20 (just a dot for cheeks)
Hair: Y21
Shirt: R21
Pants: B12
Flower: Colored using the Leaving White Space but using my "1/2/1 coloring technique" (see the video tutorial i posted the other day), R24, R27

Paper
Patterned Paper: American Crafts, Everyday Collection
Cardstock: Bazzill

Tools and Accesories
My TImeless Templates by Lauren Meader

Nestbilies Circle Nesties, large


Dont forget to check out the blog candy! I'm taking all comments and suggestions to heart! I'm looking into trying some stamps that might now be "my style" but others want to see. I'm A OK with that. I really like to expand my horizons. :)

5 comments:

Kim Sunday, June 14, 2009  

Katie, that's adorable. I need to check out Lauren's templates - what a cute project!

Heather Sunday, June 14, 2009  

This is totally adorable!! WOW! Cute project!

Elaine Sunday, June 14, 2009  

This is totally fab, Katie, I love it!

Anonymous,  Sunday, June 14, 2009  

I think this is adorable!! I don't make many 3-d projects, I'm mostly a card girl so things like this always amaze me :) I love your coloring :)

Tracey Friday, June 19, 2009  

This is so incredibly cute Katie! I love it!

Post a Comment

Thank you SO very much for taking the time in your busy schedule to leave a comment! It just makes my day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blog Sites

Blog Archive

Listen to makeupartistkaties playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP