A Bella Clutch

>> Friday, May 29, 2009

Hi everyone! Sorry new stuff never went up on the "feeding the habit" blog. My camera wouldnt charge for me, so i was stuck. I think it's charged now though so i'll be off to take more pictures after i get this post up. :)

This is my entry for Lauren Meader's My Timeless Template challenge over at Stampin Out Alzheimer's event

I also needed to create something for the Bella Club meeting at Funkie Munkie Scraps this saturday. Did you know you can use Lauren's templates like that? You can! You just have to keep all copyright into printed onto the template! And i thought her templates would be perfect since we need a project to do, but it's isnt really a full on class. PERFECT! And i'm hoping that the ladies in the club will realize how perfect Lauren's Templates are and go purchase some of their own! :)

I used her Purseonality Clutch template to create this little bella clutch! Inside I've filled it with stamped out bella images, some baubles and other emBELLAshments and something that every girl needs.... CHOCOLATE! :)

Here's the finished project...






I was really pleased with how it came out and how fast it was able to come together! I printed the bottom out on Bazzill Cardstock (that i forgot to check the color on, SORRY!) and then the top (a separate template design making it super easy to have 2 colors) onto Bittersweet Bazzill Cardstock. The patterned paper i cut slightly smaller and then adhered it to the top side of the template centering it where i wanted and THEN i scored it. It makes it a lot easier to adhere it first so that way the score lines are perfectly fit together! I then ran it thru my sewing machine to give that true purse look. :) I followed this same process to the handle.

The bella is the mini Contentobeabella that comes with the larger version. She was the PERFECT size for this project!!!!



STAMPS
Contentobeabella and the sentiment is one of mwahbella's

COLORING:
Copic Markers: now this was small, so not a lot of shading going on, just straight colors!
Skin:E00, R20 (just a dot for cheeks!)
Hair & pants: E25
Shirt: R20, R21
Flower: R22, R24

PAPER
Cardstock is Bazzill
Patterned Paper is American Crafts from the Everyday Collection

TOOLS:
My Timeless Templates by Lauren Meader available at PaperTrey Ink
Scallop circle punch by SU
Sewing Machine

ACCESSORIES:
Bellas Baubles

5 comments:

Anonymous,  Friday, May 29, 2009  

This is such an adorable project!! Sorry for enabling you with my use of Unity. I've only got the one kit and I'M ADDICTED!!! I'm off to check out your stamp company, how cool to own one :)

Shannan Teubner Friday, May 29, 2009  

So adorable, Katie! I love it!

Stampin Mindy Friday, May 29, 2009  

Katie this is SO CUTE! I love your colors.

Tracey Saturday, May 30, 2009  

This is fantastic Katie! I love it!

Lisa Kind Tuesday, June 02, 2009  

Cute purse! Love the colors you chose! ARen't these templates so much fun to do? Love them!

Post a Comment

Thank you SO very much for taking the time in your busy schedule to leave a comment! It just makes my day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blog Sites

Blog Archive

Listen to makeupartistkaties playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP