Dustin is Dino-Mite!

>> Friday, May 15, 2009

Ok, I can finally post this card. I hate posting cards right away that i have immediate intentions of mailing or giving them to a friend. Well, if the friend doesn't do the whole "blog thing" then i dont care. haha. but i would hate for someone to see the card before it arrives to their door! So i'm hoping Dustin has gotten it before today. If not I'll hope Dustin doesnt follow my blog very well! Hahaha. Or if he does... DUSTIN STOP READING NOW! :)

Many of you out in blog land know (or know of) Dustin Pike. Seriously talented guy, great dad to his kiddos, and just a nice guy. Recently he created a line of Dinosaurs for Paper Makeup Stamps. They are just the cutest dinos i've ever seen! Half were released on May 7th, the rest will be on June 7th. Oh the dino-mite sized cuteness!!!

I wanted to send Dustin a card using one of the stamp images because 1, thats just fun to get cards when someone uses your artwrok to create it (at least i think so) and 2, i really do appreciate him and wanted to thank him. perfect combo!

SO, here is my card i made for Dustin using Bronto from Paper Makeup Stamps.



I was actually really please with how this card turned out. For one thing, i am entirely too quick to pick up my markers. Thats what i really like to do, color. I have a huge stack of already colored images waiting for cards. Sadly many of them will never make it there. everyone... let out a huge sigh. hahaha. Some i just dont think are strong enough. Some i think i literally get bored with because i've seen them sit for so long! Anyhoo - i always grab my markers to color the image so fast i forget to figure out what patterned paper and such i need to go with it, and then i end up with just a lot of cardstock because man do i have oodles of that! :) I love a good cardstock! Case in point here, i immediately grabbed some of my E7_ copics because apparently for some reason they scream dinosaur to me. I was tickled pink with how he turned out with the spots and all that (more on that in a bit) but then was like, well hmm... what the heck do i have to go with it. Well i'll be darned by Close to Cocoa cardstock by Stampin Up is the perfect compansion to the E7_ family of copics! Fantastic!!! And since i have Close to Cocoa ink as well, i figured, well hey i'll just make my own patterned cardstock. Yippie! I used a new stamp set i picked up from Funkie Munkie early in the week (they had just made it to the shelves... better hurry!!!) By prima. It's about a 3x3 square and clear so it makes tiling extremely easy. Oh and did i mention it was a measly 2 bucks! Yeah... FANTAB!

Ok... most of this card is pretty sel explanatory so i wont bore you with the details, but i will get down with the copics a smidgen.

Here's a close up view...


I started with E70 in the lightest spots, and then E71 on the rest of the dino. I added E74 for all my shady spots and then when back on top with E70 and E71. Then the fun begins. I used the colorless blender to create the spots because as you know, that colorless blender "removes" ink. Well, it doesnt, it MOVES it, but yea, moves down so you see the white of the paper again. Nifty huh? Love that silly little marker! :)

If you are anywhere local to greenville and a fiskateer, come to the Funkie Munkie tonight for the Fiskateers preview crop! Kelly and I will both be doing mini tutorials using copics and a little birdie (ok, kelly told me) that she will do something fun with the colorless blender either using PMS's turtle or a dino. And let me tell ya, this chick is amazing with the colorless blender so you really should check it out! Oh yeah, and i'll be teaching something too. heheheheh.

Thanks for stopping by today!!!! Leave a comment if ya'd like!

8 comments:

Mz Kel-z Friday, May 15, 2009  

Aww.. thanks for the kudos girl... You seem to be learning the colorless blender quite well yourself.. Now if I could learn the coloring part as good as you.. hahaha

Brandi Friday, May 15, 2009  

Love it! Super cute!

Smiles,

Brandi

Christine Riley Friday, May 15, 2009  

What an adorable card! I love the embossing.
Hugs, Christine :)

Jenn Friday, May 15, 2009  

Too cute, love Dustin's images! (hope to see more ;) )

Shaela Friday, May 15, 2009  

I LOVE this card! super cute. The image, the colors, the embossing... it's all perfect!

Anonymous,  Friday, May 15, 2009  

Love these dinos. I picked up the T-Rex earlier this week. Sorry to hear the little one is miserable with teething. I sympathize since my 23 month old is getting is eye-teeth very slowly. Cute card!! TYFS

Stampin Mindy Friday, May 15, 2009  

Great job with this. The embossed background pulls everything together it goes perfectly! Love your coloring too.

Post a Comment

Thank you SO very much for taking the time in your busy schedule to leave a comment! It just makes my day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blog Sites

Blog Archive

Listen to makeupartistkaties playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP