PMS monday Challenge: Puttin on the Glitz!

>> Monday, May 11, 2009

Hello Everyone! It's monday so that means a challenge over on the Paper Makeup Stamps blog issued by one of the design team members. This week it's Lisa Kind's turn! her challenge was pretty simple... just make it sparkle! Rhinestones, stickles, glitter, spica, shimmerz, whatever you got that puts a sparkle in your eye... and sticks to your finger... put it on the card!

Simple enough, right? Well i think i permanently have some glitter in my lungs from an experiment i tried for the card (note... it is NOT on the card!). And after a much longer weekend than i had planned, i just wasnt feelin' the mojo last night so i ditched the glitter science project and stuck with what i knew!




First, i decided to use the image that I had used in class on Saturday. Her name is Lily and you've seen her on my blog before. I just love her ice cream cone! I had also demonstrated spicas in the class, but i added an extra layer to really make her dazzle. I sponged Brilliance ink (yes... shimmery ink) to the edges of my image card. I then matted everything on Bazzill Bling cardstock. I added some extra bling butterflies (darice) and rhinestones (um.. not sure, probably also darice) to the card and the flowers which were punched out of more bling cardstock using EK Success punches.

Here's a closer look of the image itself.. OH, i almost forgot! I put liquid glass over her ice cream. :)






For those who skim and need quick info!
Stamps: Image, Lily from paper Makeup Stamps, sentiment from My Favorite Things
Cardstock: Flat Broke, Flirty Bazzill Bling cardstock, Neenah Solar White
Coloring: Copic Markers
Skin: E00, E21, R20 (cheeks, tongue)
Shirt: V12, V15, V17, purple spica
Skirt & Shoes: E35, E37
Hair: Y21, YR23, Colorless Blender, clear spica, gold spica
Wings: B000, B00, clear spica

4 comments:

Kim Monday, May 11, 2009  

She is absolutely adorable. I'm dying to hear more about your experiment :)

Tina Monday, May 11, 2009  

She is just breathtaking. Love all the sparkle.

Crafted Customisations Wednesday, May 13, 2009  

Hi I love your cute fairy stamps! I found your blog once when I was googling images for inspiration. I want my blog to show on google when people google craft, handmade,stamps, etc. Can you tell me how I can make this work? Also thanks for the link at the bottom of your page for The Cutest Blog on the Block. My friend told me about it but had the name wrong so I couldn't find it. Come visit my blog sometime! :)

Post a Comment

Thank you SO very much for taking the time in your busy schedule to leave a comment! It just makes my day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blog Sites

Blog Archive

Listen to makeupartistkaties playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP