My Time Made Easy Sneak Peeks day 1!

>> Tuesday, March 30, 2010

April is almost here! And i am ecstatic! This has been 1 long winter and I for one am more than ready for Spring and Summer to be here! i truly hate cold weather. Not a big fan of rainy weather either. I'm definitely a sun person! So bring on the flowers and sunshine!

Since a new month is just about here, so comes the time of non stop posting on my blog!
I actually love this time. I love sharing things everyday. It's a lot of work getting it all ready, and I'm usually ready for a little vacay when this week and a half if done, but man is it fun in the meantime!

SO, today is the first day of the madness! And I get to share quite possibly, my favorite clear stamp set EVER with you! Why is this, because it goes hand in hand with making your own soaps and bathroom goodies which you all know i LOVE! And i actually dont have any homemade tutorials or recipes today, but I WILL very very soon! Today, i just have a fun project that i Love how it came together!

I bring you.... the Take Time template and Take Time stamp set from My Time Made Easy!


I was actually thrilled with how this turned out. I did have a bit of one of those "man, this seemed like a good idea when i thought about it" moments making my own patterned paper, but even that part i ended up loving (you'll see it in a pic here in a minute!

This paper holder would work for more than just bath products. It's really just a pretty holder for anything! Here's a view without anything in it (and a view of my stamped patterned paper).
You can also see the scroll-ie sides and back which truly help this template to stand out!


I used Couture Cardstock in Whale Watching for my template base and basic black from stampin up for my matting. The white cardstock is also by Couture Cardstock and it's called One Sheet Wonder. :)

Also being released this month is a stamp set called Petal Perfection (which is also being released as a digital stamp set!) The flowers in this set match the flowers also found in the Take Time stamp set, just in different sizes. I took the very largest flower in the Petal Perfection set and stamped it on my One Sheet Wonder Couture Cardstock. I also took smaller flowers from the Take Time set and stamped them on the paper as well. This was the fun and easy part. Then i had the brilliant idea of coloring them in... with copics. Now this was easy peasy with the largest flower. The smaller flowers were a bit more tricky and took a very steady and not too caffinated hand! haha!


Here's another close up of one of the beautiful flowers! But also some other elements of the Take Time set...

I truly love this set! There are so many fun things you can do with it! The label could be used to label so many things! Plus it fits in perfectly with the template. Hmm... that Lauren is a smart cookie. ;) The label comes empty so it could be filled with images or other things. You can see (below) the shower gel label. The words "bubble bath", "body lotion", and "Bath Salts" also come in the set so you can make full bath product collections! hehe.

And another shot of all the goodies going into this basket. For the locals, this gift set will be available for auction at St Giles Basket Auction at St Giles Presbyterian Church on April 18th. All bids go to the youth group for mission trips.


In the set there is shower gel (yes i realized that now that i covered it with paper, it will be a little harder to just leave in the shower.... shoulda done a body lotion!), an eye mask, a bath bomb, soap confetti ( that in the package look like little roses!) and a complete mani/pedi set.

Ok, one last set of pictures to show the matching card to this gift set. I used the same large flower stamp from the Petal perfect stamp set, and the fronds (those would be leaf stem thingys) are from the Take Time set although there is a set of larger fronds in the Petal Perfect set. See, they all go together!


The scentament, i mean sentiment is from the Take Time stamp set. :)

Here's a close up view of the flowers...
I actually layered 2 flowers on top of each other. Each was stamped and hand cut though there is a cut file available for this set. Man, wish i had remembered that BEFORE i started hand cutting those! I then colored them in with the same copic used on the template.

Behind the flower, i used the labels 10 nestie and airbrushed inside the nestie using the same copic marker. Now i know i mentioned before that i used the couture cardstock, one sheet wonder on this project but man, that stuff stuck in the nestie beautifully. I mean it popped out just fine, but i dont know about you, but sometimes when i'm trying to airbrush my cardstock wants to wiggle on me in the nestie so i dont get that crisp line. I had NO problems with that here! :)

Thanks so much everyone for stopping by today! Be sure to check out Lauren's blog today too and she is taking on a whole different idea with this template that you wont want to miss! Ok, so i havent seen what she has up her sleeve, but she ALWAYS has something up her sleeve, so i'm sure you'll want to check it out. :)





Stamps:
Take Time by My Time Made Easy (release date April 1st)
Petal Perfect by My Time Made Easy (release date April 1st)

Template:
Take Time by My Time Made Easy (release date April 1st)

Paper:
Couture Cardstock: Whale Watching, One Sheet Wonder (white)
Stampin Up: Basic Black

Other Tools and Accessories
Pearls from Kaisercraft in black
Brad from making memories (in black)
Copic marker BG13
Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black, Stampin Up Baja Breeze
Spellbinders Die: Labels 10
Copic Airbrush
ribbon from Michael's
bath products from Michael's


18 comments:

Geny Tuesday, March 30, 2010  

Such a pretty pretty set! The colors are so great!

Christine Arthars Tuesday, March 30, 2010  

WOW absolutely awsome love everything about your set there goes all my good intentions of not spending to much this month ya

Tracey Tuesday, March 30, 2010  

What an awesome gift set Katie. It's gorgeous!! Love the colour. xx

Dawn Easton Tuesday, March 30, 2010  

Katie, this set turned out beautifully and you should be proud of it! It's fantastic! Love that cardstock colour!!! Great dp you created too, even if it was a little tedious colouring the little flowers. I do NOT have a steady hand...haha! Thanks for sharing your creativity!

Silke Ledlow Tuesday, March 30, 2010  

Simply BEAUTIFUL gift idea Katie!!! Love your creation!!!! Hugs ~S~

AKiteFlier Tuesday, March 30, 2010  

Katie - THUD - I love this set - can I put in a bid?!? :-) It's beautiful and one of my favorite colors from the set this month - love it with the black and love the patterned paper you made - it's beautiful. I love the covered tube of shower gel and thanks for the hint about not leaving this kind in the shower LOL. BUT it's still beautiful. A VERY lovely set with great pampering items in it. ROCK ON girl.

Unknown Tuesday, March 30, 2010  

Wow! Katie, this is a fabulous gift set and the colors are stunning!! Love the patterned paper you made and how you colored the flowers!!!

Mona Pendleton Tuesday, March 30, 2010  

Gorgeous set Katie! The Take Time stamp set is soooo you! Love your color choice! What an amazing set of inspiration!

Kathryn B Tuesday, March 30, 2010  

OMG! This is a beautiful set! Absolutely love your color choice!

Christi Flores Tuesday, March 30, 2010  

Wowza girl!! What an amazing set!! Love this color combo!!

AimeeOh Tuesday, March 30, 2010  

Great job, Katie! Your template design is so gorgeous! I love your colors and your beautiful DP! It's all so pretty!

jan farnworth Tuesday, March 30, 2010  

wow what an amazing package set you did a great job katie. way better then i could ever do whoever you give this to is going to be thirlled. keep up the great work.

Shaela Tuesday, March 30, 2010  

fabulous gift set - I just love those colors!!

Lisa Kind Tuesday, March 30, 2010  

Wow! What a lot of work you did to make this beauty! Love the colors and the template, flowers and sentiments are fab! Great job Katie!

Bee's Zen Garden Wednesday, March 31, 2010  

Sweeet! Love those colors together! :-)

Lauren (mytime) Wednesday, March 31, 2010  

This looks amazing Katie. I love how you colored your flower and used the teal & black together! Heavenly!!I didn't see that color of that stuff! I only got the purple & pink :D

Tina Wednesday, March 31, 2010  

This is positively delightful! I love the colors here. What a great gift idea.

Unknown Saturday, April 03, 2010  

oooh Girl - this is ssoooooooo pretty :). Love the colors -- LOVE them. This is a gorgeous set anyone would be THRILLED to receive.

Post a Comment

Thank you SO very much for taking the time in your busy schedule to leave a comment! It just makes my day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blog Sites

Blog Archive

Listen to makeupartistkaties playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP