Dreaming of a new craft room

>> Saturday, March 13, 2010

So i'm coming to terms with the fact that I am not going to be getting my hubby's office across from the dining room (which is more affectionately known in our home as PMS land).

My craft room, while it's a very large room, it's not used to it's best abilities.
On top of that, I want one of those craft room that pops up on blogs worldwide as the room that everyone wants to have! One of these days i WILL have that room!

For now, i'm in planning mode. We wont financially we able to outfit a new room until the summer. So, for now, i'm weeding thru the excess, re-organizing, selling off the things i don't need and am PLANNING!

See, the tricky part of my room is the slanted ceilings which makes for short walls. There are only certain places some furniture will fit. Since I would ideally like to move "PMS land" also upstairs so that everything is in one place, i have some major planning to do!

Here is a slideshow of roughly my craft room looks now. I've gotten rid of the bed which gives me a lot more space to play with.








My biggest things i'm wanting to do it.... PAINT, goodness i want to paint!

Get all things of 1 type in the same places. All tools together. All embellies together. All paper... all ribbon... you get the idea. :)

I need a new table. No more plastic folding table please? It's not cute. It's doesnt stamp well.

More things need to be put AWAY and not as easy to get into. As much as i love the idea of having my own room that is my own personal space without little sticky fingers... it's not going to happen. SO, i need some storage solutions!

And then the biggest one, is having everything be cohesive! I'm not saying everything needs to be totally matchy matchy ... but i'd like for them to look like they belong in the same room!

SO - show me your craft rooms! Give me ideas! I'll even feature them here on the blog! You can all take my crafty journey with me!

Let's DO it!

4 comments:

Donna C. Saturday, March 13, 2010  

My stamp room pics start here:

http://rubystamper.blogspot.com/2008/08/more-mary-englebrite.html

I think there are about 12 pictures on my blog of it starting Aug. 1, 2008 or thereabouts on the blog. You have SO much space to work with!

MarieK Saturday, March 13, 2010  

You have so much room and so much potential with this space. I can't wait to see more photos of it when you're done!
If you want to drool over more gorgeous craft rooms and get storage and organization ideas and tips you should check out http://craftystorage.blogspot.com/

Sheila Saturday, March 13, 2010  

I absolutely love your scrapbook room! I was envious when I saw it, I think on SCS. You are extremely organized. Just doesn't feel like it some days, I'm sure. I'd give anything to have an ounce of your talent. Katie, here's my room, http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=230959
I think it just shows I'm a collector. Can't wait to see your new ideas and room!

Tina Monday, March 15, 2010  

Wow, I like the room! Hope you get the other room though, I know it would make you happy.
I only have a wall, so I am totally jealous of your space.

Post a Comment

Thank you SO very much for taking the time in your busy schedule to leave a comment! It just makes my day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blog Sites

Blog Archive

Listen to makeupartistkaties playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP