Random post for the day with some VERVE

>> Friday, March 5, 2010

Ok, so i totally already posted once today. And if you are looking for my sneak peek from Paper Makeup Stamps, just scroll down. :) And i actually have a lot of crafting to get done. Like deadlines, stuff for classes, videos to edit, etc. But today is Verve's release! And they are partying all day with challenges on their blog and sneaks and fun-ness! And you know i looooooooove me some verve. So i just HAAAAAAD to play. So i did. ;)


The first challenge of the day was to create a CAS (clean and simple) card using something floral. That seemed easy enough! And i wanted to play with a copic technique i'll be using in a class later this month so i had the perfect idea and knew exactly which stamp i wanted to use for it!



I used Verve's Elegant flower. It's a "plain jane" which means it comes by itself and is only 3 bucks. But it pairs perfectly with Because of You (which is probably my favorite verve set ever) and grateful elegance which i dont own and i'm really really thinking that i should!

Here's a closeup of the flower...

Isnt it fun? I used copic markers BV02, BV04, BV08 to blend into YR61, YR65 and YR68. A simple rhinestone for the center finished it off.

For my sentiment i used onee from Here For You. I just love the fonts that verve uses! LOVE them! I stamped it out, then used the Labels 8 nestie and then used my copic airbrush (i know, i'm sooooo original from card to card... hahahahaha)



So thats my fun CAS card for Verve!

Now to finish up my sneak peek card for tomorrow. Yep, i have my priorities straight. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!


9 comments:

Heather Friday, March 05, 2010  

This is just absolutely beautiful!

Lynda Benden Friday, March 05, 2010  

WOW Katie, this is beautiful! I LOVE the colors and the way you colored the flower is amazing! Thanks so much for playing along with my challenge!!

Danni Friday, March 05, 2010  

Beautiful card!! So pretty!!

Ginny Friday, March 05, 2010  

Love this and looking forward to learning how you did the flower later this month!

Unknown Saturday, March 06, 2010  

WOW that flower is GORGEOUS Katie!!! love the purple and orange -- LOVE it!

Good Kardma by Jules Saturday, March 06, 2010  

Love the clean layout and absolutely LOVE the flower!

Anonymous,  Saturday, March 06, 2010  

Just stunning!!!!!!!! The flower is perfection!

Christi Flores Saturday, March 06, 2010  

Oh sweetie this is wonderful!!!!

Terri Trotter Earley Sunday, March 07, 2010  

Your coloring was so much fun! Great job with the Verve spring fling challenge.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Post a Comment

Thank you SO very much for taking the time in your busy schedule to leave a comment! It just makes my day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blog Sites

Blog Archive

Listen to makeupartistkaties playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP