My Time Made Easy Baby Buggy turned Coffee Cup!

>> Monday, March 8, 2010


Have you ever had one of those days, weekends, weeks or even months that you think i just need a BIG cup of coffee?! Yeah, it's been one of those for me! And i think it's ironic that i have/had a really big mug that was my favoritist mug. It perfectly fit 2 cups of coffee from my keurig machine. Gabe dropped it yesterday. Not sure how he could even reach it off the counter. It was a sad sad moment in my world. Sniff.

So thinking of big coffee cups, i thought I would turn the Baby Buggy into a BIG coffee cup! Sadly, i dont think it would hold the coffee as well being that it's made out of paper!

Now isnt that Baby Buggy template from My Time Made Easy just so versatile?! (you can see my original baby buggy HERE and yesterday i turned it into an easter basket which you can see HERE)
To turn this template into a cup, make the basket as it tells you to in the intructions provided. Leave off the wheels and buggy handle. And Leave off the top. So basically, you're just using the basket.

Didnt it turn out cute?! I love it! Here's a view from the "handle" side...

To create the handle, I simply took a long piece of cardstock (the leftover scrap after i cut out the 2 sides of the mug on a 12x12 sheet of paper and my cricut and sure cuts a lot!
I adhered the end together with some strong adhesive and pinched the ends together. Then i lined one side of my tear drop shape with strong adhesive (for the record i always use scortape) and then stick it to the side of my mug and viola! A perfect mug handle!

Of course the templates from My Time Made Easy are perfect for making a simple gift into a really WOW gift! I personally think that coffee is a perfect gift! I know a lot of people who truly love coffee. It's a relatively inexpensive gift depending on the type of coffee you are giving
and you can really taylor it to the person you are giving it to. Example, my mom always gets the flavored coffees, my husband, not so much!


I've decided to add a coffee bag to match the coffee cup and some other coffee essentials. This one will definitely be going to a girlfriend rather than a man in my life! Which i think you would gather yourself since i used pink and browns as my color palette!

I decided to keep both my mug and bag simply decorated. This project came together SO fast! I even had a baby on my lap the whole time!
To decorate both my mug and matching coffee bag, I used the set Fanciful Flourishes.
OMG, this set is AWESOME! There are so many different size swirls! And there are some great additions like flowers, leaves, etc. I left those off for this project. ;)


Now the bag you can pick up for free at most supermarkets. Ok, so you are supposed to buy coffee in them! But there are usually a stack there for people to use and i often just take 1 or 2 extra. They are great to have handy for gift giving projects. Look for the ones that are plastic lined on the inside. They are great for giving cookies and such as well! :)


To decorate my coffee bag and to match it to my coffee cup I used the the template again. With the template comes "decorative layers". These are so that you can easily cut patterned paper to add layers to the sides of the basket (which i did in my previous 2 versions using this template, but i decided that they maked it look too basket-ie and not coffee cupishie enough).
Anyhoo - i used one of the decorative layers to be my coffee cup for the bag! I used smaller versions of the same stamps used on the mug and it's almost a perfect match!
But my favorite part was the steam! The swirls making the steam is what gave me the idea to put a coffee cup on the bag to begin with!

So thats my project for you today! Be sure to check out the rest of the My Time Made Easy team as each and every one of them have something wonderful to share with you today!

And a BIG dont forget...
The My Time Made Easy contest from Lauren
AND
the Sure Cuts A Lot giveaway!
Check out THIS POST for all the details and to link up your creation!
We're extending the deadline until wednesday!

14 comments:

Ginny Monday, March 08, 2010  

This is so cute. And so funny! I never thought to use those bags for cookies and such, but that is a great idea!

Mary J Monday, March 08, 2010  

Oh brilliant! I love that mug!

Diane Jaquay Monday, March 08, 2010  

Well aren't you the CLEVER one!! Never would have thought of a coffee cup from this template, so COOL!

Monique Monday, March 08, 2010  

Oh I Love this idea..so much I may need to use it lol.. Great project!!

Cheryl Monday, March 08, 2010  

What a great idea! You are so creative.

AKiteFlier Monday, March 08, 2010  

Katie this is SO fun and creative - a coffee cup! WOW - love it - sorry about your big mug :-(

Bee's Zen Garden Monday, March 08, 2010  

Cool project! Love the steam coming out of the cup... and I had a laugh at you making your project with a baby on your lap. I sometimes hesitate to strap baby on my back in his Boba so that I can stamp... LOL ;-)

Good Kardma by Jules Monday, March 08, 2010  

How creative! Love all the different things you've made with this one template.

Judy McMullen Monday, March 08, 2010  

So very clever! And so sorry about your favorite coffee cup!

Turnedgypsy Monday, March 08, 2010  

I been really sick, so I have not purchased any of your stamps since finding your blog, but I do plan on it soon.

I really love your blog and your projects. I know I can learn alot from all of your ladies. So glad I found you. Sorry for such long post. I will make sure all future ones are short, just wanted you to know how much I appreciate you sharing all your talents.

chriswooten57
mcwooten1999@carolina.rr.com

Mona Pendleton Tuesday, March 09, 2010  

What a great idea Katie! I love your big custom mug all made from a Baby Buggy template! Now that is thinking out of the basket :)

Unknown Tuesday, March 09, 2010  

Brilliant!! Love the whole ensemble--smart to use the decorative layers the way you did too!! I'm sorry about your mug :( been there, done that. My current fave is one my SIL gave me for my b-day...it's big, and it says "cowgirls rule" I hope you find the perfect replacement!!

Kathy M Tuesday, March 09, 2010  

What a cute idea! I love the flourishes! Great job, Katie!

Anonymous,  Tuesday, October 05, 2010  

Hi-ya every one, superb forum I find It exceedingly helpful & it has helped me out loads
I hope to be able to contribute & help others like this forum has helped me

_________________
[URL=http://electricalhelper.co.uk/electrical-help/install_a_consumer_unit.htm]consumer unit[/URL]

Post a Comment

Thank you SO very much for taking the time in your busy schedule to leave a comment! It just makes my day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blog Sites

Blog Archive

Listen to makeupartistkaties playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP