A CAS with MTME and making a faux bow!

>> Wednesday, March 24, 2010

That was a lot of letter mumbo jumbo in my subject line, huh?

Well after a fabulous weekend with my BFF since the WOMB and a lto of packing of orders for the mega sale from paper makeup stamps, i was just DYING to get inky! Problem is the to do list still seems to be unfinished. SO, i decided to fill those inky desires with a little CAS. What does CAS mean? Clean and Simple. I've never fully understood the term, but i'm pretty sure this card qualifies. Aside from the drawer that was dumped out half way thru the card by my little guy, and the puppy who needed scolded for piddling on my carpet in my craft room... this card took all of about 15 minutes.



My dear friend, Christi, has been all kinds of sick! The poor thing just cant catch a break!
I decided to use 2 of the new stamp sets from My Time Made Easy™ (hence the MTME in the subject line!) First i used one of the pretty flourishes in the Fanciful Flourishes set. This set of swirls has quickly become one of the favorite swirl sets ever! There are so many different size swirls and i LOVE that it comes with lots of different sized flowers, leaves, and things to go along with it! You can see here that i used one of the separate flower stamps to give a little pop of color to the swirl!


Then I used one of the many sentiments you can find in the So Sentimental set. I'm telling you, this set will have you covered! I inked the the stamp in versamark ink and then heat embossed it with some white. I love embossing powder, why i rarely use it i never know. Perhaps it's because this is the drawer that got pulled out and dumped all over the room that i mentioned earlier! Luckily, Gabe doesnt know how to open the jars (YET!)
I used the 2 of the new mega dies from spellbinders (the long oval large and the long scallop oval large) to cut out my sentiment and the mat.

One last quick pic...

I am bow tying CHALLENGED! Seriously, it's a darn good thing God gave me 2 boys! But this "bow" which isnt a boy at all is so simple to do and looks so elegant!

First i adhered a strip of organza ribbon across my card (thats the black) and tucked it under the mat layer. Then i adhered a strip of red satin on top of it and tucked it under as well. I layered 2 pieces of the same ribbon on top of each other and made them into a loop (like a big circle) and then pushed the center together to flatten it. Now usually my method of choice to secure it is a stapler. Very quick and easy and secure as all get out. But i couldnt find it since i'm redoing my craft room. So i took a very small hole punch and squeezed tight tight tight. It was enough to puncture the ribbons, but it doesnt leave you a nice neat hole like if you were to do it in paper. Still, since the ribbons were punctured i was able to easily put a brad thru them to secure my faux bow. Then i used glue dots to secure the bow to the ribbon already across my card.

So thats it! A super easy card with possibly a new bow technique!

Thanks so much for visiting today! Now to finish up that to do list so i can get even more inky later! Ciao!

5 comments:

Christi Flores Wednesday, March 24, 2010  

You are the sweetest!! Thank you SO much. This has really made my day. :)

Ginny Wednesday, March 24, 2010  

Too funny, I'm terrible at bows as well and even failed at making one like this last week. Maybe I'll try again if I get time tonight to do the MFTW. Really loving those swirls from MTME too. Have me curious on what kind of puppy. My stamps have had to be moved away from the edge of my crafting table since the cat knocks the stamps off for the dogs to "play" with.

Shaela Wednesday, March 24, 2010  

love the card! I really like CAS cards and you rocked this one!

Tracey Wednesday, March 24, 2010  

I am loving that bow Katie! A gorgeous casrd. Love the colour combo! xx

Good Kardma by Jules Thursday, March 25, 2010  

Love this card - very clean and elegant!

Post a Comment

Thank you SO very much for taking the time in your busy schedule to leave a comment! It just makes my day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blog Sites

Blog Archive

Listen to makeupartistkaties playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP