Paper Makeup Stamps March Sneak Peeks BEGIN!

>> Wednesday, March 3, 2010

There are many many good reasons not to wait until last minute to work on deadline projects.
Stress of getting them done, finding out you dont have what you need and not enough time to get it, unexpected things coming up (like sick kids, other family issues) that need to be dealt with first. All these things can cause major snafus when you have a deadline and you've waited til last minute. Well... none of these things happened to me. I live in South Carolina where normally this time of year its about 70 degrees. What happened to me today? Random snow and ice blow in and knock out our power. So today I try to get cards done, while kiddos dont have school and i'm working in the dark on very little battery power left on my laptop oh, and no internet so i'm "borrowing" the neighbors. Now THAT makes for some interesting card making! So my planned out card (using the copic airbrush, nope that wotn work, what about the sewing machine, nope that wont work either. Well, we're going old school! All the while my just turned 4 year old keeps telling me everything is broken! "mama, there's sumpin wrong with this tv toooooooo".

Ok, so thats my funny story for the day. I did manage to get my first sneak peek card done for you. Let's pray the power comes back on before tomorrow because i'm not sure there is enough light left outside to do any more for today (remember i'm typing this the day before you are reading.. thank goodness for scheduled posts!)

Today is the first day of sneak peeks from Paper Makeup Stamps for march! Since we didnt have a stamp release in February I was ACHING to get my fingers inky with new PMS rubber!
And this release is so much fun to me for so many reasons!

Today the Paper Makeup Artists are sharing some of the new wordart available this month. Go over to the PMS company blog to read about the new word art and to see what some of the other Paper Makeup Artists have to share with you today!

Here's my card... simple and sweet, mostly showing off some fun and fabby paper i hadnt gotten to use yet that just worked perfectly with this new single sentiment available from Paper Makeup Stamps (available on March 7th at 8pm CST).


Now I wanted to have a bit of sunshiney-ness to my card, and i really wanted to use this cloud and dandelion paper by Cosmo Cricket, but how was i going to add that sunshine idea. Thats when i thought to color in a bit of the cloud with some yellow copic markers! And suddenly, the sun was born into my card!

I then decided to add some shimmerz (in candlelight) to the top of my sun. Why i only think to add the shimmerz when i have suns and moons (think back to the natures song sympathy card i did awhile back) is beyond me. haha. Here's a closeup look...


Not positive that i love that i did that, but this was the best piece of patterned paper for what i wanted so it stayed. :) I also added some shimmerz in angel wings to the dandelion fluffs...


Now here's a close up of that fabby sentiment that PMS illustrator, Shaela Odd put together (she did ALL of the wordarts this month for PMS, ok, so she usually does... haha. She's fab!)


I LOVE that sentiment! It's so very very true!

Now dont forget that our PMS release party is March 7th at 8pm CST in the PMS forum! We'd love to see you there!

Stay tuned this week everyday for more sneak peeks from the March release from Paper Makeup Stamps! And just in case you've missed my posts from the past coupla days, My Time Made Easy has just had a fabulous release as well and Canda from CandaCraft.com is donated a Sure Cuts A Lot program for me to give away! Read all about it HERE.





Stamps:
A Cloudy Day sentiment from Paper Makeup Stamps (to be released March 7th, 8pm CST)

Paper:
Patterned Paper by Cosmo Cricket
Cardstock by Marco Paper (brown paper bag) and Coredinations

Tools and Accessories:
Long Classic Rectangle Nestabilities by Spellbinders
Long Scallop Rectangle Nestabilities by Spellbinders
Brads by American Crafts
Ribbon by Nicole™
Distress Ink in Antique Linen
Shimmerz in Candlelight and Angel Wings
Copic Markers in Y32, Y35, Y38

30 comments:

Tracey Wednesday, March 03, 2010  

So sorry to hear about your power troubles. I hope it is back on for you today!! Power or no power you put together a fabulous card! Love this word art!! xx

Jami Wednesday, March 03, 2010  

Wow, what a day! And you still pulled off an awesome card!! Great sentiment and love the Shimmerz! Hope your day warms up for you!

dawnmercedes Wednesday, March 03, 2010  

Oh! I have this paper and it's great! I like the sun idea! and the sparkle.

Sirkka´s photo and art Wednesday, March 03, 2010  

Nice card, hope the powerproblem is fixed

Anonymous,  Wednesday, March 03, 2010  

I love this card! That paper is awesome and your card is perfect for this stamp

Heather Wednesday, March 03, 2010  

Katie, your card is gorgeous! I hope you power is back on!!!

Michelle VP Wednesday, March 03, 2010  

Considering your power was out, you came through and made a delightful card for this saying. And it fit perfectly with your situation too, right? :)

KOstvig Wednesday, March 03, 2010  

So cute lov ethe color and little details..darling

Anonymous,  Wednesday, March 03, 2010  

WOW Katie, for having no light you really rocked this. I LOVE the closeups...the shimmer is gorgeous!

Ginny Wednesday, March 03, 2010  

Lovin the cosmo paper in this. I also love how you did the sun, I don't think I would have figured out to do that. Never can see the sun through the clouds ;)

Randee E Wednesday, March 03, 2010  

This card is soo cute! At first I thought the clouds and sun were cut out and adhered to the card. I love that it is pp and you just improvised the sun!! A+++++

Tina Wednesday, March 03, 2010  

Holy cow! Your card is so pretty Katie! It came together beautifully!

Hope your day settles down too.

jan farnworth Wednesday, March 03, 2010  

great card love all the little details.

Shaela Wednesday, March 03, 2010  

AHAHAHAHAHA!!! okay, not that your plight is funny, but I was just envisioning Jack in my mind and it's just hilarious. :) great card - so shimmery! :)

Lindsy Wednesday, March 03, 2010  

Love love love the DP you used! Seriously LOVE it! =) When we lost power, when my oldest son was little, he said, "Daddy you need to change the batteries" ~ HA! Nothing that a new battery can't fix huh?!?

Sandy S. Wednesday, March 03, 2010  

Great card! I love the saying! Can't wait to see more!

Shana Wednesday, March 03, 2010  

How fun Katie! For meals, pull out an old blanket and have an indoor picnic - kids love it! Later make a pretend fire and sing songs and read stories around the "fire"...
Love your card and love love love the sentiment! Been using PMS sentiments a lot lately - even on non-PMS image cards (that cracks me up!). Can't wait for the new release, last month was so depressing!

Christi Flores Wednesday, March 03, 2010  

This is awesome girl! You know I give you major kudos! :)

Stampin_melissa Wednesday, March 03, 2010  

Love that comment about everything being broken! Ha! Poor boy!

So glad you were able to finish this card and get it uploaded. This is the sentiment I chose for my "favorite"! (Like I can chose a favorite from Shaela's word art!)

Unknown Wednesday, March 03, 2010  

Oh this is so gorgeous! Love that sentiment-so true too! Love all the shimmerz accenting too-perfect!

Good Kardma by Jules Wednesday, March 03, 2010  

How creative to add the sun in there! Love that DP - it's just perfect with that sentiment.

Michele Gross Wednesday, March 03, 2010  

That sentiment was soooo appropriate for your day!!! I love it! I am a solar charged person so I will have to have this one. Can I get that on a t-shirt too?? :)
Your card is darling, just love the little dandylions blowin' across the sky. Great job!!

Ashley Newell Wednesday, March 03, 2010  

Super cute Katie! I love the Shimmerz!

Fonda @Southern Scraps Thursday, March 04, 2010  

Cute card. Well done with no power! Sounds like me- I'd light a candle and stamp and color away.

Lisa Kind Thursday, March 04, 2010  

You certainly are resourceful if nothing else, Miss Katie! LOL!!! Love your card! The shimmer is so lovely!

Canda Thursday, March 04, 2010  

This card is awesome! I love the sun :)

Julye Friday, March 05, 2010  

Super card and another fab sentiment, i love clean and simple I really do thinkl sometime less is more.Thanks for sharing julye

Turnedgypsy Friday, March 05, 2010  

great job. thanks for sharing. i like the sentiments

chriswooten57
mcwooten1999@carolina.rr.com

Anonymous,  Friday, September 24, 2010  

Good fill someone in on and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you on your information.

Post a Comment

Thank you SO very much for taking the time in your busy schedule to leave a comment! It just makes my day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blog Sites

Blog Archive

Listen to makeupartistkaties playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP