It's time for a monster sized Blog Hop!

>> Sunday, March 7, 2010

It's the 7th! And you know what that means.... your wait (which was particularly long this time with no release last month!) is over for new stamps from Paper Makeup Stamps!
This release is just so much fun to me! Maybe it's because i was tired of the wait too! maybe it's because it's release crammed with all things PMS! New fairies, new moodies, new monsters, new wordart, it's all in there!

And right now it's time for the Hop! If you've hopped over here from Lisa's blog, you are indeed in the right spot! If not, why dont you start from the beginning, you dont want to miss any of this monster bash! As you hop along, you'll be collecting letters that give you a 15% discount code!
So before I forget to give you my letter, here it is!!!

Y

So here it my card using a fun Easter Rabbit drawn by monster illustrator, Steve Hammond.
When Steve sent me this cutie i was torn, because it was a little too late to release any easter stamps but he was just so stinkin' cute! So I decided he would be released this month as a digi only! The digi purchase will come with the Hoppy Easter sentiment you see on my card.


Easter is sort of a tricky holiday when it comes to card making. For some recipients it's easy to make them a beautiful "easterie" card with pastel colors and beautiful embellishments, lavish stamps. But for others, say, the men in your life, making an easter card can be a bit tricky.
Thats why i fell in love with this little bunny! Not so cute that he works only for kiddo cards, but not so um, unique looking that he wouldnt work for a card for children. My 4 year old loves him too!

Here's another shot of the card...

Here's a closeup view of the image...

Isnt he just too cute! But in a not too cute way! I love him!

When creating this card i wanted some not too feminine paper so i printed off some of the new paper released from My Time Made Easy called Well Woven. It comes in a whole slew of colors! Here i printed Thistlestock.

And the great thing about using digi paper with digi stamps, is i was able to drag my sentiment layer right on top of the patterned paper before printing!



And one last thing to share with you... Remember that super cute Bouncing Baby Buggy template i used for a baby boy project a few days back? Click here to see it! Well where do you think I made that easter basket from? Yep, the template is one in the same (and i have another different way to use it that i'll share with you tomorrow!) This template really is so versatile! You should see how Lauren turned it into a boat and a wheelbarrow! Here's a close up shot of it...



So the base is the same as the base in the buggy. I simply didnt add the top or the wheels and instead I added a strip of cardstock to be a basket handle. Ok, dont call me a genius, turning this cutie buggy into a basket is one of the intentions of the template! :) But I still wanted you to see it done!

Ok, thanks for hanging in there! I know it was a long post! Now it's time for you to hop along to Paper Makeup Artist, Randee!!!

Don't forget our party is TONIGHT at 8pm CST in the Paper Makeup Forum!
We would LOOOOVE for you to join us!

42 comments:

Tina Sunday, March 07, 2010  

Oh my goodness, totally cute!

Angie Sunday, March 07, 2010  

I love that bunny! He's not too sweet, and can totally be a little trouble maker!

Lisa M. (aka. Lisa @ Farm Fresh) Sunday, March 07, 2010  

He's a wonky bunny and perfect for those male cards! He's awfully cute and your set is perfect!

Michelle VP Sunday, March 07, 2010  

What an adorable basket and bunny! :)

StampinCathy Sunday, March 07, 2010  

What a fun and inspiring monster hop this is. OMGosh! Your basket and card is awesome and just love that paper and detail you added to both of them. Thanks for this inspiring monster project on this hop.

Heather Sunday, March 07, 2010  

This is so fun. Love the coordinating basket!

Dawn Sunday, March 07, 2010  

Love this little guys expression!!! so fun and funny too! Great job, Katie!

Ginny Sunday, March 07, 2010  

The digi paper is really great for this card. There is something about the bunny that makes me giggle. Love it.

Tracey Sunday, March 07, 2010  

What a fabulous Easter gift set! Love that bunny! xx

Lisa Kind Sunday, March 07, 2010  

Too cute! Did we know about this bunny? I don't remember seeing him, and he's SO CUTE!!! Love your project!

Mary G. Sunday, March 07, 2010  

Love it! That bunny is too cute! Love those eyes!

Shaela Sunday, March 07, 2010  

too cute! Maybe he can be rubber for next year ;)

Michele Gross Sunday, March 07, 2010  

Oh, look at that bunny's eyes! I know that look, he sees chocolate!! Very cute!!

Anonymous,  Sunday, March 07, 2010  

Ok, I didn't think they could get any cuter and look at yours! Love it!

☼ Cheryl* Sunday, March 07, 2010  

How cute!!! He kind of looks like he's been taking coffee for days, lol! Your basket is great :)

David Sunday, March 07, 2010  

Ack!!! An Easter basket!! Well, I now know what template I'll be purchasing! Hahaha!!! This is awesome girl-I love everything! :)

i'm with the band Sunday, March 07, 2010  

So cute. I love the basket!

paige Sunday, March 07, 2010  

fun bunny image! his expression has me LOL!

Anonymous,  Sunday, March 07, 2010  

How perfect is this?! Awesome job... love that image!

kc_froglady Sunday, March 07, 2010  

Fun image and you are right Cute but NOT Cute LOL!

Susan Sunday, March 07, 2010  

love the bunny's eyes...but best of all, the carrot greens were the perfect touch.

Neta Sunday, March 07, 2010  

Wow! I can't believe it's all digi- have to try it out!

Lindsy Sunday, March 07, 2010  

Cute card! Love what you did with the baby buggy turned Easter basket template =)

Danni Sunday, March 07, 2010  

You rock!! What amazing creations and that lil' bunny is cute!

Anonymous,  Sunday, March 07, 2010  

ACK!!! too cute :)

dawnmercedes Sunday, March 07, 2010  

You gotta love those teeth!

akagreenhouse Sunday, March 07, 2010  

Such a cute card and project! Thanks for sharing them with us!

Good Kardma by Jules Sunday, March 07, 2010  

Love that card - the bunny is a cutie! And that basket is adorable.

Randee E Sunday, March 07, 2010  

I LOVE this little guy! And this card is perfect :0) Those bug eyes just crack me up - I think it would be funny if he was "looking" at a monster-sized egg! Hahahaha

Anonymous,  Sunday, March 07, 2010  

He is kinda spooky-cute!!! Love him!!! Great set!

Lorraine Sunday, March 07, 2010  

Yes, that rabbit is funny cute - but not too cute! Know what you mean! Great male looking card.

Alexandra Lundgren Sunday, March 07, 2010  

BWAHAHAHA! This bunny is GREAT! I love all the images that make me laugh this month!!!

pinkthunder Sunday, March 07, 2010  

how cute.. and loved the baby buggy too!!

Stampin_melissa Sunday, March 07, 2010  

Wow Katie, this guy IS cute! I think my 6 y/o DS would love him too!

Davi Sunday, March 07, 2010  

Love the basket and the card!! That image just make me laugh so hard!!! Very fun!

Melyssa Monday, March 08, 2010  

Oh wow Katie what a cute card!! I never would have thought to use the weave DP but it's a perfect choice.

AKiteFlier Monday, March 08, 2010  

Katie this card made me laugh out loud :-) Love it - so cute and the basket weave - perfect!

Dana Gustafson Tuesday, March 09, 2010  

Hee hee! THat bunny is eye balling the eggs...or maybe my jelly beans ;)

Dawn Tuesday, March 09, 2010  

This is so fun and I agree, perfect for anyone. Love your soft coloring!

Elise Thursday, March 11, 2010  

Omg! Looks like you had a lot of fun with this card! Great use of the JUGS challenge and your digi prowess! Excellent work! Best of luck - I hope you win Dawn's stamps!

Post a Comment

Thank you SO very much for taking the time in your busy schedule to leave a comment! It just makes my day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blog Sites

Blog Archive

Listen to makeupartistkaties playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP