A little mojo for your weekend

>> Saturday, November 21, 2009

Well it's no secret i'm in love with Julee's sketches for mojo mondays. My new goal is to do the mojo challenge each week. Ok, so that was my goal starting this month and i think i've done 2. hahaha. Well, in my defense, the middle of this month got a little rough on me.

In any case, i have a fun card to share with you using this week's mojo sketch...


My tree image is one that I used to teach my copic club class at Funkie Munkie this month. I taught about the cone shape, how it relates to images we color often and then in addition, how to add a little more shape to a cone. For this this example, we took the shape of a cone for the pine tree, but then by using some shading of copic markers, helped to make the branches stand out. It was a super fun class! And now since i have about 6 trees colored in, i figured, why not work on some christmas cards! :)

Here's my card...


I used the Christmas in the Air set by Verve Stamps. As you may see if you clickie on that link there, that the tree in the set is a very 2 dimensional tree. It's fantastic for paper piecing (which is the next thing i plan to do with it!!!) but I wanted to show everyone in the class how you can really make a 2d image stand out with a little shading. I was very pleased with the outcome!

I used various snowflakes from the set (there are 5 different sizes!) to create other aspects of my card, like background paper, etc. And i outlined everything with a spica pen which you can kinda see in this picture...




Well, thanks for stopping by and I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!!!



2 comments:

Michelle VP Saturday, November 21, 2009  

Beautiful detail with the snowflakes and coloring the tree. Wish I had the same eye for shading that you do. :)

Anonymous,  Saturday, November 21, 2009  

This is adorable. I'm always so jealous of your awesome copic coloring. You need to live closer so you can teach me how to use those things....and how to put on makeup...hehe. Loved the smokey eye video :)

Post a Comment

Thank you SO very much for taking the time in your busy schedule to leave a comment! It just makes my day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blog Sites

Blog Archive

Listen to makeupartistkaties playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP