In Loving Memory of Henry Anderson...

>> Thursday, November 5, 2009

Yesterday was a tough day. I found out that a stamping friend, Sarah Anderson (you may know her, or have seen her blog in my blogroll) lost her 3 year old on Monday. It was a sudden illness that only came up on Friday. They still are unsure of what happened. Now Sarah is just one of those "online stamping friends" our husbands tease us about. I have never met her, or her children. But the mere thought of what she must be going thru has just really bogged me down. With a 3 year old and a 1 year old myself, it just hits too close to home. She could use all the support and prayers out there right now!


There are companies in the stamping community joining to help honor her sweet little Henry.

Lorie Ames has organized a way to donate for a memorial for Henry. Henry loved his local zoo and visited it almost every day in the summer. As a memorial, trees will be planted there in his honor. Melissa at Pink Cat Studio has created a digital stamp to help raise funds for a tree for Henry. All proceeds from the sale of the digi stamp, minus Paypal costs, will go towards the tree. If you would like to donate towards the tree, please visit this webpage to purchase the digi stamp:http://www.pinkcatstudio.com/Digital/DigiStamps/Animals/Zoo/GiraffeAndMonkey.htm

Another way to donate to the memorial is to print out this form and mail in your donation directly:http://www.ci.oshkosh.wi.us/Parks/PDF/MemorialTreePamphlet.pdf

Please write on the form that the donation is for Sarah Anderson’s son Henry. Once all of the money is collected, a tree and location will be selected. If you have questions about the form please contact Lorie Ames. Lorie will be in contact with Sarah along this memorial journey to ensure that her wishes are followed.
To contact Lorie, please visit her blog at
http://www.live-love-laugh-create.blogspot.com/

If you don’t know Sarah and would like to learn more about her, please visit her blog: http://scrampinmama.blogspot.com/

Thank you for your help to raise money for a tree for Henry.


Tomorrow at the Paper Makeup Stamps blog, we will release a digi in Henry's honor as well. This image will also be sold in rubber, but not until after the stamp release.
Here is a sneak peek of what will be released tomorrow from PMS for Henry...

EDITED TO ADD
the digital version is now available and the rubber version will be available on November 7th at 8pm! You can purchase it here



Other companies are jumping in (I Heart Papers, and LimeLight PaperCrafts). I will let you know as i find out of other companies.

8 comments:

melissa75 Thursday, November 05, 2009  

Such a sad story, your stamp is beautiful, and I'm sure your support is giving her a lot of comfort.

Michelle VP Thursday, November 05, 2009  

Oh this just makes my heart ache. That snow angel is such an adorable tribute to this young boy.

Anonymous,  Thursday, November 05, 2009  

Oh no!! I saw this on your facebook but didn't know who it was. I use to be on dt with Sarah. My heart is breaking for them. My son is three. Thanks for letting us know.

Lorie Thursday, November 05, 2009  

Oh, my word...this is an adorable image...I'll be purchasing it tomorrow!

Lynn Put Thursday, November 05, 2009  

Katie the Paper Makeup stamp dedicated to Henry is darling and its so sweet of you to do this for the Anderson family.

Tracey Thursday, November 05, 2009  

As the mother of a 3-year-old myself I too am so terribly saddened by this tragedy. I cannot even imagine what Sarah and her family are going through. My heart aches for her. I absolutely love the image you are releasing in Henry's memory!

Kim Friday, November 06, 2009  

AMAZING Katie! That's so sweet of you to help our Sarah and her family! :) I also am offering some blog candy to hopefully bring a small smile to Sarah, details on my blog if you would like to take a peek!
Big Hugs~ Kim

Anonymous,  Friday, November 06, 2009  

I am a friend of Sarahs from school years and I think what all you are doing is such a wonderful jesture to her and her family. You ladies are wonderful! Karrie

Post a Comment

Thank you SO very much for taking the time in your busy schedule to leave a comment! It just makes my day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blog Sites

Blog Archive

Listen to makeupartistkaties playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP