Thank You to Alheimer's Caregivers

>> Monday, September 22, 2008



So my previous post talked about the best blog candy ever, ever, ever! And for a great cause, awareness of Alzheimer's. For those that didn't know this already, yesterday was National Alzheimer's awareness day.

The "challenge" to win this blog candy was to make a card for someone caring for an alzheimer's patient. The caretaker's for these patients go thru a tremendous amount of work and pain. And it is an all too often thankless job.

Here is my card. I put it together while both bpys were taking naps so i was a bit on borrowed time. I sifted thru my drawer of things that were done but not used before (this drawer will be used a lot in the next month or so i think!) If you dont have one of these drawers or baskets, i recommend it! It's so nice and helpful in moments of just not enough time. The only item i pulled for this card was my white cut out that i stamped my sentiment on. It was cut from my cricut using the Accent Essentials cartridge. It was originally cut for another project, but ended up not being the correct size. So into the drawer it went, and it was much easier to pull it out for this card, and not to get out the cricut and cut the paper for this project.

The card size is a bit odd... but it fits into a business size envelope. And i wanted to test out a card of this size. Spice up your business envie by adding some paper to the inside of the envelope! Ok, back the the card.

I used Soft Sky cardstock (Stampin Up) and stamped French Flair background (Stampin Up) in Juniper ink (Close to My Heart). I then added a bit of detail with my uni ball signio white gel pen. I also used my Juniper Marker (Close to my Heart) to ink up just 1 of the birds from the background stamp and then added some swirl detail with the white gel pen. On top of od the bird images i used Glossy Accents by Ranger. (which i got a mini bottle as a freebie just for shopping at creativeplaystamps They always give you a freebie of some sort! :)

Next i layered a bit of Groovy Guava cardstock (Stampin Up) - which also came from the drawer of precuts - and inked the edges with red rose chalk ink (Cat's Eye). My white daisy cardstock (close to my heart) cut out was inked with Amber Clay chalk ink (Cat's Eye) and stamped with the sentiment Thank You in Juniper Ink again, and also using the flowers and dotted circle from Friendship Blessings (Close to my heart). I used my slot punch (Stampin Up) and then wound some brown velvet ribbon thru it to adhere to the card.

And that my friends, is my card!

5 comments:

n8tvtexan Monday, September 22, 2008  

Gorgeous card! that is one of my fav SU stamps!

You've been tagged. Check out my blog. :)

Scrappymom Monday, September 22, 2008  

Very pretty...the person receiving will be lucky ;)

LeAnne Tuesday, September 23, 2008  

Love the card and the cause. Nice job!

I also tagged you on my blog, so now you've got it double ;)

LeAnne

Ann Wednesday, September 24, 2008  

Beautiful! So glad to see you joining in this cause that has affected so many of us personally.

Carolyn King Tuesday, September 30, 2008  

oh how beautiful!!! Thanks so much for participating....ps. your baby is absolutely beautiful--great pics!

Post a Comment

Thank you SO very much for taking the time in your busy schedule to leave a comment! It just makes my day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blog Sites

Blog Archive

Listen to makeupartistkaties playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP