SERIOUSLY????

>> Sunday, September 14, 2008

Ok... 12 hours after i woke up with contractions... i'm still at home. No labor for me today. The contractions have continued, but just not at the 411 scenario. Argh. I took a walk today... for over an hour until my feet couldnt take it anymore. Plus it was just darn hot outside. After i got home i decided to make my hubby go to a chinese food run. He thought i was crazy, but agreed to make the trip. While he was out getting me some hopefully labor inducing food, i made this card for a friend. She is a SUPURB lady who is just the sweetest thing since hawaiian bread (which i ate an entire thing of yesterday, no joke). Her mom has recently gotten very ill and she's gone to see her. I'm extremely close to my mom and just cant imagine her being sick at all so i'm really feeling for my friend. Its one of those things i simply cant help with, but i wanted her to know i was thinking about her. So i made this card. It's simple (i'm having contractions mind you), and i'm only HOPING it makes her smile a little.



I used yam cardstock by Bazzill for my base. I love this color. And if you havent noticed lately, i'm a little in a fall state of mind. The other pieces of cardstock are simply scraps so i couldnt really tell you the colors and brands.
The main image is from one of the Figgy Pudding stamp sets by Basic Grey. So yes, it's a christmas stamp used in a fall fashion. I stamped the wreath on glossy cardstock (again, it was a scrappy do on my table, this would have worked with any cardstock) and rich cocoa memento ink. I then took stickles to color in my berries (which i did orange to be more fall than christmas). I colored my leaves with the only green stickles i had which was eucalyptus (i need to get another green i've decided as this one just didnt show enough) and then the bird i did with red stickles. All of my edges are inked with cats eye chalks (chestnut roan, amber clay, dark moss and maroon). My scallop border was made with Stampin Up's border punch.
The 2 brads in the corner are by Spare Parts. The sentiment stamp is one of the ones i picked up at the Stamp expo. It's by Savvy.

And there you have it kids. Now i'm off to get a 2nd plate of Kung Pao Chicken. Wish me luck!

3 comments:

Christi Flores Monday, September 15, 2008  

This is simply gorgeous!! Maybe the baby is here???!!

Unknown Monday, September 15, 2008  

Just checking to see if your little angel arrived yet. Hope you're doing fine!

Anonymous,  Tuesday, September 16, 2008  

baby is here - mom will be back online soon!
stats:Gabe arrived Sun 11:28pm 9lb 1oz 21in long

Post a Comment

Thank you SO very much for taking the time in your busy schedule to leave a comment! It just makes my day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blog Sites

Blog Archive

Listen to makeupartistkaties playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP