He's HERE!

>> Wednesday, September 17, 2008





Name: Gabriel Scott Cotton
Birthdate: September 14th, 2008
Weight: 9 lbs, 1 oz
Height: 21 inches





So something worked! After waiting a bit for those pesky contractions to help me out a bit, we headed to the hospital. I wanted to be sure i had time to register and all that. They were about 5 minutes apart and werent horrid, but not very comfy either. They said they would admit me and the doctor on call would come in to break my water. They went ahead and gave me an epidural since the contractions would get worse after the water breakage. And suddenly 4.5 hours later, i had a baby in my arms! It was crazy! With my first labor just so so harsh, i wasn't expecting much better. In comparison, this labor was a breeze. And my doctor (not my normal doctor) was PHENOMENAL! He was very attentive and immediately asked me questions about my tailbone when i mentioned it broke during my first delivery. And though i was told that i'd "be lucky if it didnt break", luck was on my side and it didnt! I really think this doctor being very attentive is why it didnt break. I wont go into all those gory details, but i was very pleased with my entire hospital team.

As for life adjustments... It still hasnt totally hit me that i have 2. My mom is in town for a bit so i definitely havent felt the stress of 2. Jack is wonderful with Gabe. He just LOVES to hold him, and kiss him. If you put Gabe in his lap he just sits so still and stairs down and him and kisses his head. it really is so adorable! The first time Jack came to visit Gabe and I in the hospital he exclaimed to me "That's my baby brother!" and he immediately asked if he could hold him. When i put Gabe i his arms he looked at him and quietly said in the cutest and quietest voice "Hi! I'm Jack!" It was really too precious for words. Of course when he's not holding the baby he's completely forgotten there is a baby around and returns to his crazy 2.5 year old self running around like a Jack Rabbit (i guess the pun is intended). But we'll work on that. haha.

So thats all i have for now. Of course i'd still like to work on some crafts and what not, but i'll need to get used to life. So i will be peeking in and maybe even have a card or 2 while my mom is still in town. We shall see!!!! :)

31 comments:

Scrappymom Wednesday, September 17, 2008  

Thats a BIG baby....Gabe shares the same birthday with Brittany!

Congratulations to you, Greg and Jack....he is beautiful!

Vanessa
www.scrappymomto2.blogspot.com

Lorie Thursday, September 18, 2008  

Awww...congratulations! Your boys are beautiful!

Christi Flores Thursday, September 18, 2008  

Congratulations!!! I remember when my second was born. Seeing my 1 year old and how sweet he was to his little brother...priceless. You have a gorgeous family!

Anonymous,  Thursday, September 18, 2008  

grats to you all..I miss Greenville and all of you..I can remember when Jack was so little..Michelle

Ami Thursday, September 18, 2008  

Congratulations! What a beautiful baby and I love the pregnancy photos with your son as well. Enjoy this precious time.

charna Thursday, September 18, 2008  

Katie,

He is beautiful! What a beautiful family :)

Congratulations, and I am glad that labor was a breeze this time.

Charna

Theresa Thursday, September 18, 2008  

congrats!!! he is adorable and the pic of Jack and baby is precious!!!

Unknown Thursday, September 18, 2008  

He is GORGEOUS! Big congratulations to you and your family!

stampingtink Thursday, September 18, 2008  

Oh, how precious! And beautiful! Congratulations to you and your family. I've just been blessed with two granddaughters this summer 16 days apart and the joy they bring to me is nothing compared to what they give my girls. Bless you and they babies!

Jery Thursday, September 18, 2008  

Congratulations Katie!! He is beautiful :)Glad everything went well - I think if first babies were as easy to have as second babies, we'd all have five or six!

Beth Thursday, September 18, 2008  

He is wonderful, perfect and needs a squeeze from Miss Beth. I can't wait to see him!

Unknown Thursday, September 18, 2008  

Ahhh...to hold a newborn again! You're very blessed, Katie. Two beautiful boys! I'm glad everything went so well.

Adela

Lynn Put Thursday, September 18, 2008  

Awwww, he's beautiful!!!
Congratulations!

Debby Thursday, September 18, 2008  

Oh my gosh he is beautiful! Congratulations. Sounds like everyone is doing well.

Mae Thursday, September 18, 2008  

Congratulations!!! What a super cute little (or big) guy. Both those guys are cute!!! Are you ready for a very rewarding adventure?? I bet you are!!

Mae

Suzanne J Dean Thursday, September 18, 2008  

Aww, so sweet and just adorable. My son was over 9 lbs too--they're just so cute and chubby! Congratulations to you and your family and take advantage of all your "help"--rest up for sure!

hugz,
Suzanne Dean

Christi Thursday, September 18, 2008  

Congratulations!!! Oh, how wonderful to hear that your labor/delivery went so much better this time. He is just beautiful and the photos of the 2 of them are precious! smiles...

Tiff Thursday, September 18, 2008  

I love that first pic capturing that special moment! CONGRATS!

Ryann Thursday, September 18, 2008  

Congrats to you and your family with the addition of Gabriel!

Anonymous,  Thursday, September 18, 2008  

He's gorgeous!!!!

Maria Thursday, September 18, 2008  

Congrats!!! Beautiful baby! All the very best.

Berry Thursday, September 18, 2008  

THE BABYYYYYY IS HEREEEE HOOOOORAY HOOOOOOORAY HOOOOOOORAY AND HE IS SOOOOO CUTE JUST LIKE HIS PARENT CONGRATS KATIE YOU ARE TRULY BLESSED
LOVE YOU GIRL
AND AGAIN CONGRATULATIONS

Chelsey - The Paper Mama Thursday, September 18, 2008  

Congratulations! I just found your blog. Love your stuff too!

-Chelsey

Ann Kranitz Thursday, September 18, 2008  

Congrats!!! My kids are also 2 years apart....your gonna have a blast. It is so much fun!!!! Congrats again!!!

Hulachickabella Friday, September 19, 2008  

Wow...he is a big boy! I'm happy to hear everything went smooth. I thought of you on and off throughout the day. It's funny how Bellas work! =) My oldest daughter broke my pubic bone. You're the first person I know who broke something in delivery. Hmmph...sweet. "Battle wounds". Tell Mom she rocks! Congrats!

Mel =)

Lori Saturday, September 20, 2008  

Your son's are adorable. Congratulations!!! Enjoy every minute with them it's too precious and time flys by so fast.
Love your unity card!
Lori
www.sentimentalmomentsintime.blogspot.com

Ann Sunday, September 21, 2008  

Woohoo! Congrats! He is precious! :D

Rachel Monday, September 22, 2008  

Just AMAZING. He is gorgeous. JP and I must get over there to see him!

Meli Palmer Monday, September 22, 2008  

Congrats...what a blessing! Everyone looks so happy and in love in those pictures :o)

Post a Comment

Thank you SO very much for taking the time in your busy schedule to leave a comment! It just makes my day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blog Sites

Blog Archive

Listen to makeupartistkaties playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP