Another day, baby-less

>> Saturday, September 13, 2008

So still no baby. My mom got into town last night... so today we made a couple returns and shopped at both toys r us and babies r us. My 2.5 year old was a DISASTER from being over tired so we went home after that and he fell asleep before we were out of the parking lot. So then i left mom and the boy at home and went out to do more errands! Mainly because i just wanted to walk this kid outta me! :) I picked up a few goodies and came home with VERY swollen ankles... but no contractions. *sigh* I went on a walk again tonight with our new double stroller. Walking hurt... but now i'm just sitting on the couch again. Grrrr. Can you feel my frustration!? Tomorrow is my due date. I went into labor on my due date with jack... what are the odds it'll happen again?

Ok - enough whining about still being preggo and onto my card...

This card was made for a challenge on splitcoast stampers to use a white gel pen in a way you usually dont. Here's my card...


I used the bird image from Growing in Unity (by Unity Stamp Co) The bird image has negative spaces to create polka dots which i just filled in with my white gel pen. I thought it really made the bird stand out. I also used my swiss dots folder by cuddlebug and inked the edges as well as brushing the ink pad over the embossed image to help those dots to stand out a bit. The ribbon is Papertrey ink twill ribbon in dark chocolate (LOVE that stuff) and then the flower is by Prima. Over all it's a simple card, would be easy to make duplicates of, but i also enjoyed the simplicity of it.

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comments:

Christi Flores Saturday, September 13, 2008  

This is so sweet!! I love that color combo!!

Post a Comment

Thank you SO very much for taking the time in your busy schedule to leave a comment! It just makes my day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blog Sites

Blog Archive

Listen to makeupartistkaties playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP