Just Rite Entry for Wednesday!

>> Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Here's my Just Rite challenge entry for today!

It's a combo holder for my mom. I thought about giving it to her for her birthday (which is in the end of October, but it's always nice to be ahead of the game!) But she's coming to stay with me for a few weeks after the baby is born and it may just be a thank you gift! I'll owe her many thank you gifts, i'm sure!



The holder is created out of an 8.5x11 sheet of paper and i stamped the design using Baroque Motifs from Stampin Up. My mom LOVES red and Cream so those were my main colors. The Just Rite Monogram stamp in Special Occasions i stamped on Real Red cardstock with Versamark and then used Ranger Puffs embossing powder in white. This embossing powder is perfect because it isnt a true white so it matched my Colonial White cardstock perfectly! It also gives a great texture to the monogram itself.
The cards inside are made from Real Red cardstock with the same baroque stamp, only this time it was stamped in versamark and heat embossed with the same White Puffs cardstock. This time i left off the border from the monogram stamp and punched out the monogram with my 1 3/8ths punch and then layered a scalloped circle behind it with some chocolate grosgrain ribbon.

And now, only the box itself...



I used a pretty red satin ribbon that wraps itself all the way around the box. Under the monogram, i used bazzill magentic discs to keep the box nicely closed. But a simple lift of the ribbon and the magnets come "unstuck". These are great magnets as they dont take a ton of force to unclasp from each other so you're not tugging on your creation!
The box is slightly larger than just holding cards because my mom is a crazy picture lady! She always keeps double prints of photos nearby to pass along to other people who want a copy and her office is just covered in family photos! And quite often, people DO want a copy of pictures of her grandson (soon to be grandsons!) so i thought after she's used her cards, this would perfectly sit on her desk with her extra photos instead of the paper envie they come in from the photo place!

Thanks for stopping by again! Please feel free to leave a comment or question!

8 comments:

Anonymous,  Wednesday, September 03, 2008  

This is absolutely beautiful! I love the swirls! And the color combos!

Vanessa

Hulachickabella Wednesday, September 03, 2008  

I would love to receive this as a gift. My mom loves it when I make her stuff. I think it brings her back to the grade school days...only better because now it's stuff she can use and we're a lot more talented!! Where'd you get the template?

Mel =)

Debbie Olson Thursday, September 04, 2008  

You did a beautiful job with your Just Rite entry! This would be a fabulous gift to give OR receive! {{{Good luck!}}}

Unknown Thursday, September 04, 2008  

These are beautiful! I love the red/white color combo with the swirls.

Ann Thursday, September 04, 2008  

This is stunning! Red is my favorite color, and Baroque Motifs my favorite set. So elegant and such a lovely gift! :D

Anonymous,  Friday, September 05, 2008  

Do you have the pattern for the stationery box? Thanks.

Michele

luv2stamp2002@yahoo.com

Anonymous,  Sunday, September 07, 2008  

Katie - I love this project! What beautiful colors. Your mom will love it! :)

Post a Comment

Thank you SO very much for taking the time in your busy schedule to leave a comment! It just makes my day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blog Sites

Blog Archive

Listen to makeupartistkaties playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP