another just rite submission

>> Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Ok ok ok, i'll stop with the posts today... at some point. haha. You know i could save them for the days i cant post anything. But i was too excited with how this card turned out. :) And it is my second submission for the just rite stampers challenge. There is only 2 days left and i'm trying to make up for lost time!



I was really pleased with how it turned out. I used PaperTrey's Out on a Limb (revised version). Now if you havent heard me rant and rave about papertrey in the past... i LOVE papertrey! I love how they break up the stamps (and they are clear) so you can easily layer them. For example with this card... the branch and the leaves are 2 separate stamps. And there are lots of different leaf sets (some floral, some berries, some leaves, etc) so there is a LOT you can make with it.

To get the effect of "turning leaves" i used my bazzinks and just dotted the various colors of inks i was using (hint go lightest color to darkest to avoid staining your inks). For my moon i "over inked" my stamp. Thats just a me term. When i "over ink" a stamp it just means to get it nice and juiced up. Then when you stamp it out, use a slight rocking motion that makes some of the ink puddle to the other side of the stamp. When your done with the rock, that extra puddle of ink will appear slightly darker creating a nice shadow effect.

Then i added my Just Rite Monogram stamp with the border From the Desk Of. I'm telling you, the Just Rite stamps make it so easy! I cant wait to get more! )

All paper used on this card is by Bazzill except for the off white i stamped my images on which is Colonial White by Close to My Heart.
The inks are Bazzinks to match the bazzill cardstock. But my edges were inked with cat's eye chalk inks (once again... i know i use them alot. :) )

I was so pleased with how this overall card designed i decided to make a quick one for a friend of mine. Her family was recently in a very bad car accident and luckily, they all survived, though they did have to go to the hospital to get checked out. She was not in the car. They were coming home from their vacation at the Lake and she was trailing them a bit behind. She though a semi had overturned so she stopped her car so she'd be able to call for assistance. Imagine her horror when she discovered it was her family and their trailer that had overturned! Perhaps the sad thing at this point, is they had 2 dogs in the accident that got away but are still unfound. Please pray for her family!

So i made the same card only i did not use the monogram stamp. The sentiment that everyday is a blessing was much more appropriate than my From the Desk of image! I modified the card a bit just so it would be a little different.



Thanks again for stopping by! :)

1 comments:

Hulachickabella Wednesday, September 03, 2008  

You're right, the PaperTrey could become VERY addicting...I added it to my favorites! Thanks for the recommendation! Love the card!

Mel =)

Post a Comment

Thank you SO very much for taking the time in your busy schedule to leave a comment! It just makes my day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blog Sites

Blog Archive

Listen to makeupartistkaties playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP