This is how i roll...

>> Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Hello everyone!

Well, my taxes are done! At least MY end of taxes for the family. However i would like to beat the customer service help girl from paypal over the head with a rolling pin!

Here's a little FYI for anyone who uses paypal for business purposes. 1, never count on the help desk. 2, always ask friends before you take the information from the help desk.
I needed to add up all my incoming moolah for taxes right? And i couldnt just do it off of my website because I do have other sales and such off the website. I also needed to know the total in fees that i had paid over the year. So i looked and looked for the way to get these to add up for me on the site. No luck. Well thats just silly I thought, there HAS to be a way to do that. This is PAYPAL, and for businesses! So i called them, asked very nicely that I was sure it was there, i just couldnt find it. The gal on the phone says she's sorry, the only way is to add them up. I was like, are you kidding?! I actually said that to her. And i said, even as a business account, there is no report or anything like that? She said no, but that it was already mentioned to her today so she was going to tell someone. So i proceeded to spend the next 6 hours of my life adding. Til 1:30 in the morning i might add. The next morning (that would be yesterday) i made a post on facebook about how annoyed i was and had not 1 but 2 people tell me exactly where to go on paypals website to see this report and NOT have to add up a darn thing. Seriously? What good is a help center that gives the wrong information!

I was fuming. SO, needless to say, i didnt have my post i planned on up yesterday. But i'll get my Oo La La corset card done later and show ya.

but today! Today is a foodie review from Paper Makeup Stamps. Some of the PMS gals are reviewing sets and stamps that were released on April 7th. Since I showed you Tina's Kitchen in this post , i thought today i'd show you Guilty Pleasures, a super fun food and sentiment set.
Both of these sets are available for just 7 bucks bare rubber! (9 if you want them on ez mount) and the sentiments are SUPER versatile! You can use them again and again, with the set, without the set. Way fun!

Ok, here is my card...


This is my favorite image and sentiment combo from this set. It cracks me up!
I colored the rolling pin with copic markers (E30, E33, E35, E37) on One Sheet Wonder cardstock by Couture Cardstock and then cut it out. The sentiment i stamped on a 3.5 x 3.5 piece of Solar White Neenah cardstock (65 lb, i use lighter weights unless i'm coloring, helps to not weigh down the card AND it's cheaper... still the same bright smooth white). The cut out rolling pin was then popped up on dimensionals so thats not a shadow i colored, thats the real shadow. The edges were sponged with Old Paper distress ink.


The corners were pierced using the Stampin Up mat stack.

I still thought the card could use a little something else at the bottom, so i took Daisy Bucket paper ribbon (love this stuff, you can tear it, curl it, stamp on it, etc and you get like 15 yards for 5 bucks!).

I added scor tap all along the back. Then as i laid it on my card, i just folded it a bit wonky to leave the pattern. The scor tape holds so well that it just sticks.

So thats it! Be sure to check out the PMS blog for some other fun creations using these sets!
Have a great day!



Stamps: Guilty Pleasures from Paper Makeup Stamps





4 comments:

Tina Tuesday, April 13, 2010  

Darn Help Desk! I'll kick her for you if you want. LOL
Love this crd, 'cuz that's how I roll. So fun!!

Christi Flores Tuesday, April 13, 2010  

OK, this sounds so bad but when I first saw this card I thought about that ribbon being toilet paper and then with the "this is how I roll"..bwahahahaha!! I guess I have a warped sense of humor after getting NO sleep! LOL LOVE this girl!!!

Shaela Tuesday, April 13, 2010  

fabulous card! I totally realized that I can use this sentiment with the stamped images of bicycles I have too - so perfect!

Tracey Tuesday, April 13, 2010  

Oh, that sucks Katie. Nothing worse than poor customer service. YAY for taxes being done! :) Love your card today though. Fabulous! xx

Post a Comment

Thank you SO very much for taking the time in your busy schedule to leave a comment! It just makes my day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blog Sites

Blog Archive

Listen to makeupartistkaties playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP