A peek into my world... and a friends new blog!

>> Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Hey peeps! Nothing crafty to share with you today, BUT a friend of mine from WAAAAAAY back (i'm talking we went to school together from kindergarten thru 8th grade, and we still keep in touch!) started a new blog called CovetLiving. Its all about Coveting the Life you Live.

LOVE IT! The blog is just starting up but i love the design of it and both Steph (my friend) and Karrie (who i know, but not well) are both such fun and amazing women with fantastic energy, this blog is bound to be a good read! So if you are interested in such blogs.... check out

Now one of the first entries is titled Goodwill Hunting... all about being a recessionista in these crazy times. Love that word! If you scroll down a bit in the post you'll read about finding mismatched frames. I love that picture of the frames behind the bed! I might have to do that too! Karrie did this as well in her recessionista version painting all of the frames black. I love the clean feeling it gives. Here's the thing for our house... it doesnt match our more rugged aesthetic. BUT i do have a slightly different version, leaving a lot of the frames mismatched. But i did do some modifcation to many of them... check out the wall we found boring recently in our living room...

My wall isnt very extreme with pictures... but thats because it's just begun!
My pictures are also mostly in color with a few black and whites. However my friend Jess in LA has her place completely done over in black and white and I love that look too!
There are truly 101 possibilities!

For the most part, our frames are all black. Either because thats the way we got them, or because I made them that way. Dont get a can of black spray paint near me, i go nuts!
There are just a few exceptions to add some color

Yes i know this picture is blurry, but my 4 year old has since "stolen" my camera from when i just took these pictures and is taking pictures of random things all over the house.

This picture is one of my favorites on the wall. It's from when i was pregnant with Gabe and Jack and I were hanging out on the bed during a belly photo session with Jen Rogers Photography. This frame was also a wedding gift and was sadly not in use, so put to use it went!


Here's another favorite. Now i do love that picture of the hubs and I but i LOVE this frame too!
This was a cheap pick up by my hubby from Big Lots.

Then there are the "modified" frames.

This was just one of those super cheapies from Ikea. Plain wood... nothing special. I just painted crackle paint on it and let that set for about 15 minutes (needs less time when you don't paint the first coat) and then painted black acrylic paint over it. Easy peasy! I actually did this to about 3 frames on the wall. You can also use a different color underneath before you paint the crackle if you want a different color popping thru.

And now to show some of the super fun frames! The more personality/meaning the better!

This frame i've had since no joke... the 8th grade! My BF since the womb (the one in the photos with me) put it together for me. And i've kept it. Now since not only it shows some pretty hilarious pictures and is a fun green color, it's actually meant to be a table top frame for it sticks out slightly from the wall. but i think it's fun that way!


This frame back did in school. Hence the not quite perfect paint job. The picture was taken in school as well and then it was wrapped and given to me as a present from jack. So cute huh!
It's definitely a one of a kind frame on the wall!



Last but notleast... is the artwork in the middle. It's a print by Brian Andreas. I LOVE this artist! I have given many of his prints as gifts. If you havent heard of him, check out www.storypeople.com.
He is an artist, writer and well you just have to check it out!

So thats a peek into my world. :D Have a wonderful day!

6 comments:

Unknown Wednesday, April 14, 2010  

how fun! thanks for sharing a window into your world!

Shaela Wednesday, April 14, 2010  

what a fun post! I love looking at the pictures, art and decor in peoples' homes, you get such a view into who they are and what they're like :)

Stephanie Thursday, April 15, 2010  

Ah - KATIE! Thank you so much for the shout-out! We're so excited. And I'm so happy to find YOUR blog! I had no idea you had one. Woo hoo!

XOXO
Steph
Covet Living Co-Conspirator

Ginny Thursday, April 15, 2010  

Crackle paint scares me. Love it but never tried it. I may have to do that to some of our old frames though. Guess it is one of those things I just need to break down and try :)

Tangii Crain Friday, April 16, 2010  

THis is fun! We have a "family" wall in our house. Took me awhile to figure out what to do with the wall... I love fun frames! What a fun thing to share... {{hugs}}

dawnmercedes Monday, April 26, 2010  

what fun pix! I'm so bad ...never take pix...Love how you have these displayad.

Post a Comment

Thank you SO very much for taking the time in your busy schedule to leave a comment! It just makes my day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blog Sites

Blog Archive

Listen to makeupartistkaties playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP