PMS Makeup for the Weekend challenge, M4TW25, WT267

>> Friday, April 23, 2010

Everybody's workin for the weekend! Ok, that'll be me this weekend! 2 weddings! A new release to prep for. Stuff to make for MTME. It will be one busy weekend! But, if there is one thing that can get me thru anything, it's beautiful weather! And i particularly like beautiful weather that comes out of bad weather! Ever since i was a little girl i've been fascinated with rainbows, that something so fun and amazing can come some something so blah!

Well, this week's Paper Makeup Challenge (that's right, i'm actually participating, so sad that i dont often, i know!) is to use the colors of the rainbow! Amber challenged us to this! It's so fitting since her blog title is So Many Colors, So Little Time! That girl loves her colors!

Here is my card - probably taking the challenge a smidgen too literally!


This was a way fun card to make. Definitely a little different from my norm. First i just colored the image (with copics) with reckless abandon! I just wanted her bright and colorful and rainbow-ie! Then i suddenly thought, hmm... i wonder if i'll even have any paper to go with this! WOOPS! Then i remember that i had read the Splitcoast Ways to Use it Challenge (WT267) was to use lots of different patterns on a card. So i started thinking about how to use up all those random scrap pieces of paper i can never seem to get rid of! And i knew this would be perfect!

Now here's another fun thing... after i made my new diagonal stripped paper (tip, just glue your pieces together on a thin sheet of paper, THEN cut your rectangle or whatever shape you are making!) I decided, that instead of adhering my image to the top, lets do something a little different! So i took a circle nestabilties die (by spellbinders) and cut out a circle to create a window. Now window cards are not new to the cardmaking world, but i'm not sure i've ever made one, so this was a fun new thing for me!

Here's the inside of my card...



Well since i had already colored my image (remember, with reckless abandon!) I couldnt just have it in the inside of the card because I had already stamped it on a square piece. Drat the cat! SO, i cut the image out with a larger circle nestabilities so that it would still be larger than the window. Yes i repeated the sentiment, only this time i split it up (just by only inking up part of it at a time). I couldnt decide where i liked it better, so i used it both places!
Plus, i LOVE that quote! That Dolly sure does have some good ones! Right up there with Dr Suess in my book!

Ok... i'm beat, it's after midnight (as i type) and i have a full day ahead of me tomorrow! So i'm out like a light! Be sure to check out the Makeup for the Weekend challenge! And check out these Paper Makeup Artists for their awesome and very colorful takes on the challenge!


Have a wonderful weekend! I probably wont have another post up til sunday or monday! :D

9 comments:

Lisa Kind Friday, April 23, 2010  

This is outstanding, Katie! I LOVE it! So pretty in all those colors! Thanks for the tip about cutting out all those pieces! Great card!

Dawn Easton Friday, April 23, 2010  

eeek! Katie, I LOVE LOVE LOVE this! The colours, the fun layout, the image...the whole kit and kaboodle! Yep...love it! LOL I colour images too and then wonder if I'd be able to pull it together ;)

dawnmercedes Friday, April 23, 2010  

I like how you definitely have the rainbow colors...but they are not in rainbow order!

Anonymous,  Friday, April 23, 2010  

OMG...this is just...WOW!!! I LOVE everything about this...STUNNING :)

Tangii Crain Saturday, April 24, 2010  

Sheer brilliance girl! The Moody is perfect in all of those colors! :)

Heather Saturday, April 24, 2010  

This is GORGEOUS!!!!! WOW!!! I can't even begin to tell you how much I love this!

Amy Sunday, April 25, 2010  

This is beautiful Katie...Really..REally beautiful!! Your coloring is out of this world!

Unknown Wednesday, April 28, 2010  

this is gorgeous Katie! All the bright vibrant colors look great together!

Post a Comment

Thank you SO very much for taking the time in your busy schedule to leave a comment! It just makes my day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blog Sites

Blog Archive

Listen to makeupartistkaties playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP