My Copic Color Theory with My Time Made Easy

>> Thursday, April 8, 2010

What a long strange week it's been! Ok, so not so strange, just the typical beginning of the month! For those that joined me at the PMS party last night! I had a blast!
All of the april Paper makeup Stamps are up on the site! You can check them out, HERE.

But this post, is not about PMS. This post is all about My Time! Ahh! You know, i hate to admit it, but i really look forward to the time to use other stamps. *gasp* i know!
And the My Time Made Easy stamps are fabulouso, so who wouldnt love them! haha!

Today is the 8th day of reveals from MTME - so each team member has something fun to share with you today! You should start at Lauren's blog and check them all out!

Here is my project to share with you using the Slip Cover © template.

Oh My HEAVENS! I had no idea how much i was going to love this template until I put this project together lickity split! The slight curvey wave just really sets it apart from other "standard" boxes and SO MUCH can go in there! The rest of the design team has cooked up some winners that you'll have to browse thru this week. It's the perfect size box for cards. I mean like a glove perfect! but so much more can go in there! Recipes! (man do i just have cooking on the brain... i am hungry... hmmmmm) Photos! And more goodies!

After cutting the base and lid of the template using my SCAL from Couture Cardstock (this pretty grey color is called Gumshoe) and the decorative mat layer from One Sheet Wonder cardstock by Couture Cardstock, i created my own patterned paper yet again using the Petal Perfections set. Only this time instead of just coloring in the outer line, i colored in the whole flower (using R22, R24 and R29). Then i took a gelly roll stardust pen in a dark silver and filled in the outline. And Boy does it sparkle!!! I added a grey pearl from basic grey to the center of each flower.
I created another panel for the front of the base and created the same patterned paper. I printed my title block from the computer and ll my white paper edges were sponged with Fired brick distress ink. A simple black satin ribbon tied around the base (but partially covered by that oh so cool curve) completes the look.


Since tonight I'm teaching a color theory class to the copic club at Funkie Munkie Scraps, i decided it would be way fun to have a little holder for my color theory cards. What's better, i could use MTME stamps to CREATE my color theory cards!

Here's what the case looks like opened up. Let me tell you, a LOT of these index cards (they arent "index" cards, but reference cards. Size is 4.25 x 5.5) can fit in here! I'm just showing you 2 in this photo below!



So what is color theory and how can you create your own color theory cards?

Color Theory is a set of principles used to create harmonious color combinations.

In my class i'll be using a color wheel to explain a few basic principles of color theory, and how it can help you when stamping. This is just to show the beginning of color theory. :)

Making yourself reference cards is a great way to help you find a little more dazzle in your stamping. You may find that you are stuck in a rut, or always use the same colors. Having reference cards of other harmonious colors to a tried and true favorite, might help you break out of that rut.

In the above photo you'll see that i stamped a flower from the Petal Perfections set.
NOTE: If you plan on doing a lot of these, now would be a FABULOUS time to purchase and use the Petal Perfections digital set!

I stamped the medium flower at the top and colored it in with the main color for this reference card. Then i stamped 3 flowers below in one of the smaller flowers. You can use this row in 1 of 2 ways... both of which will seem very similar if not the same.
Way 1: Create a Color Scheme of Analogous Colors (colors that would be side by side on color wheel)
Way 2: Fill these in with your favorite shading colors

The bottom row i stamped 3 flowers again.
Way 1: Use this row to color in the complementary color (a complementary color is one that is opposite of the color on a color wheel) and then also it's tertiary colors (colors that create a triangle on the color wheel.
Way 2: If the above sounds all together too confusing, thats ok! Fill this row in with colors that you like to use with the above color. For example, if you main color is Y21, Well guess what, B21 and G21 both look very good with it. You could chose which ever colors are appealing to you.

So thats my project!
I encourage you to try it out too!

14 comments:

Ginny Thursday, April 08, 2010  

I LOVE what you did with that box and making me want that stamp when I'm on my no spending thing for a little while! Wish I was going to be in class tonight... hopefully I'll make it to the second one. Love learning about color theory!

Amy Thursday, April 08, 2010  

What a super cool idea!

Geny Thursday, April 08, 2010  

Great, fun project Katie!

Bim HH(UK),  Thursday, April 08, 2010  

Love your cards Katie!Thanks for the tips.

Mona Pendleton Thursday, April 08, 2010  

What is black & white with red all over? Katie's gorgeous Copic Color Theory box!!! Awesome job Katie! Sounds like a fun class :)

Unknown Thursday, April 08, 2010  

What a fabulous idea, Katie! Love your wonderful box and your color theory cards are so fun!!

Kristie W. Thursday, April 08, 2010  

What a cool idea!! Love it!

AKiteFlier Thursday, April 08, 2010  

OMGosh LOVE LOVE this - you are making a set for each of us on the DT right???? I will need to study this more when I get back from Vegas. ROckin great idea.

Silke Ledlow Thursday, April 08, 2010  

Super cute idea Katie!!! I need to get more organized...LOL!!! Hugs ~S~

angelafsprouse Thursday, April 08, 2010  

Thanks for sharing this in class!! What a great idea and perfect little storage solution for those cards.

Canda Thursday, April 08, 2010  

This is a great idea! I love it!!!

Dawn Easton Friday, April 09, 2010  

Oh my goodness, Katie! What a FABULOUS idea! Wish I lived closer and I'd come to your class for sure!

Unknown Saturday, April 10, 2010  

WOW Katie!!! This is a real stunner. Can you make one for me??? ;) lol. what a great way to employ that box girl!! LOVE it. :)

Lisa Kind Saturday, April 10, 2010  

OMGosh! What a great idea! Love your project!

Post a Comment

Thank you SO very much for taking the time in your busy schedule to leave a comment! It just makes my day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blog Sites

Blog Archive

Listen to makeupartistkaties playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP