let's rock! PMS sneak peeks day 3!

>> Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Are you ready to rock?! Well, i think i'm ready to sleep after this week of fun spring breakness.
So much that i was unable to muster the mojo to make this card until THIS MORNING!
I actually got up early before the kiddos were up... once i got the java in me, it wasnt so bad waking up an hour before everyone else. Perhaps i should do this more often. It's so quiet!

In any case, thank HEAVENS for good sketches! Sketches are by far my favorite challenges, especially when the mojo is lacking! Today i used the Just Us Girls sketch challenge 27!


Here's my card


I love this little guy! He reminds me of my boys who LOVE their drum set. We had to move the drum set to our porch just so we wouldnt have to hear it all hours of the day! Specific times only! But i love that they love all things music, and that they are just a little punky. :D

For my card i used DCWV Rockstar paper. It's a foil paper, so i got some nice glare goin' on in my photo. I didnt end up doing the scallops that were in the sketch. I thought my star punch was a little larger than it is. I thought, how clever i'll be with huge stars propping up the end of my card instead of scallops. When i busted out my star punch, i was very disappointed. Looks like i'll be buying those star nesties afterall! hahahaha!

Here's a quick close up view of milo, jammin' out!


This image color with copics is a really good example of how different the grey copics are! Milo himself has been colored with warm grey markers (W0, W1, W3) while the drums were color with neutral grey markers - my go to for black (N8, N6, N4) while the rims of the drums were colored with a cool grey marker to give the look of cold metal (C1). The skin of the drum was colored with E40 and then i blended it in with E000. But when that looked WAY too peachy in combo with all the grey's i went over the skin again with W0. It didnt take the peach out entirely, but it toned it down. Using any grey copic in a 0 or 1 is a great way to tone down a to bright of a color. :)

So thats what i have for you today! Soon it's going to be time to wake up the munchkin's as i actually have to get Jack ready for school today after a week and a half of not having school!
I dont know whether to rejoice or be sad. Spring break was fun, but yesterday was about overload on the crazy too much candy from easter, so I think this 3 hour break while he's in preschool will be lovely. :D

Dont forget to go to the PMS blog to see the creations from the design team and to see what else is being released ON THE 7th! Thats tomooooooorrrrrooooooow!
We'll have a blog hop in the morning, and then everything goes live on the site at 8pm CST. We'll have a chat with some giveaways, some games, and as always, lots of fun chatter!
Please join us! Party starts at 8pm CST in our Forum!

14 comments:

Michelle VP Tuesday, April 06, 2010  

Love the neutral grays on your card. Milo is so cute!

Randee E Tuesday, April 06, 2010  

Rockin'!! Love the rockstar papers and what a great layout! Milo looks like he is having soo much fun :0)

Gabby Tuesday, April 06, 2010  

\m/ o0 \m/ woo hoo...that's my best " you rock " sign! This is awesome Katie! I hear ya about the waking up before everyone else...it's the most peaceful for me as well...lol! My kids JUST started their Spring Break...so I may be pulling my hair out until they go back...lol. Mostly my teen that drives me insane! :S

Tracey Tuesday, April 06, 2010  

I love this!! What an adorable image!! xx

AKiteFlier Tuesday, April 06, 2010  

FABULOUS Katie - he is SO cute - my future SIL is a drummer extraordinaire so I might just have to add this little guy to my collection. Nice way to showcase the different greys. Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls this week. We appreciate your participation and support. :-) Hope to see you again next week.

Mona Pendleton Wednesday, April 07, 2010  

What a fun card Katie! Lil' Milo rockin' out looks like he is having a blast just jammin' the tunes! I am so happy that you joined along in the fun & played along with Just Us Girls for a sketch challenge! Hope to see more of your creations soon ;)

Stacy Kay Brais Wednesday, April 07, 2010  

Really cute!! That little drummer is just adorable. ;)

Christy Thursday, April 08, 2010  

That image is just too cute for words!!!! I love the card you made with this sketch :)

Sue Lelli Thursday, April 08, 2010  

LOVE your coloring! LOVE the foil rock star paer! This card is FAB!

Kristin Eberline Thursday, April 08, 2010  

Rock on, Katie! Love your little drummer bat! Your coloring is amazing and I LOVE your idea of using stars for the border instead of scallops...sooo cute :O) I'll have to make you a cut file ;] LOL

So glad you liked our sketch and it helped muster up a little more mojo before the kiddos woke up!

Unknown Saturday, April 10, 2010  

That Rockin' Milo is TOO cute! In a punk drummer sort of way ;). Love what you did with the sketch Katie :)

Lisa Kind Saturday, April 10, 2010  

OMGOsh, I cannot believe I didn't comment on this! I thought I had because I looked at it when you first posted it! I was just browsing the JUGs entries...so sorry! I think this is totally adorable! Love it on those real drums! LOL!

Post a Comment

Thank you SO very much for taking the time in your busy schedule to leave a comment! It just makes my day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blog Sites

Blog Archive

Listen to makeupartistkaties playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP