Happy Earth Day!

>> Wednesday, April 21, 2010

April 22nd (which is probably today as you read this) is Earth Day!

So Happy Earth Day everyone! Before i ramble on (and on) in my normal babble fashion, let me tell you that Paper Makeup Stamps is having a sale on most all of the "green themed" stamps!
The sale is 25% off the normal price! check out the PMS blog to see a list of whats on sale...

Here is my card...

This is George, he is the epitomy of the Earth Day monster! He is all about recycling, and cleaning up the planet!

Here is a close up image...
I colored him first (with copics) and then cut him out with the Labels 9 nestabilies die by spellbinders. After that i airbrushed him with the copic airbrush. Now i did get a little more of the blue sky in the flag that i wanted, but the nice thing about the airbrush is it's such a list coat of color on the top, i just used the colorless blender and cleaned that right up!

Notice seeing his arm thru the bottle? I used the same technique a bit back with some balloon images (see that card here). it's SUPER easy to do, you just layer the opposite colors on top of each other. And dont be afraid of doing it! Here's my recommendation though, let each "layer" dry a bit so that you dont end up having colors migrate to places you dont want them. :D Always finish off with the color that is supposed to be in front. So in this case, i colored in his arm before i colored the bottle on top. I did go ahead and use a darker green toward the outer edges of the bottle and a super pale green (g20) on the inside.

Ok, so i think thats all the babble i have in me... oh no wait, funny story (Jack, my recently turned 4 year old has been saying the funniest things lately! Always random, and very serious! Today just he and I did the grocery run. I told him, "buddy, i'm so tired i could fall asleep right now" and his eyes got big and he said "well dont fall asleep pushing the cart!" I think he was more concerned because he was IN the cart! but that was 5 hours ago, and i'm STILL awake. So now i'm REALLLLLLLLY ready for bed. Night world! Have a very happy earth day!

3 comments:

Shaela Thursday, April 22, 2010  

fabulous card!! I need to try that see-through technique

dawnmercedes Friday, April 23, 2010  

hey, he is a perfect fit in that nestie shape!

Post a Comment

Thank you SO very much for taking the time in your busy schedule to leave a comment! It just makes my day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blog Sites

Blog Archive

Listen to makeupartistkaties playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP