Paper Makeup Stamps April Sneak Peeks Begin!

>> Sunday, April 4, 2010

This is my 2nd post for the day!

Today is the first day for the sneak peeks from Paper Makeup Stamps!
Today the team is showing off some fairies and wordart! Check out the PMS blog to get more details on how you can win them! (ok, so you just need to leave a comment on the blog!)
But you can also see some sneaks from some very talented ladies!

Here is my card using Greg!



Now many of you know, Greg is the name of my hubby. Last month during the release party we were playing a little game to guess how many of the stamps were named after family members. And i released i didn't even have one after my own hubby! So this stamp had to be born.

Now my hubby doesnt have that much hair. In fact he has very little these days! But he cuts it very short. :) His thought was that maybe i should focus on his younger days. haha. Well this fits perfectly with the shaggy long hair, hoodie jacket and tall socks. Too fun! I even decided to color his hair red (my hubby is naturally a blonde, but he too has had lots of fun dying his hair and for quite some time, he dyed it red!)

Here is a closer view...

I did a little bit of doodling highlights using a white souffle pen (by Sakura, same as the gelly roll) but since it's a "souffle" pen, it's a little softer than the strong white gel pen. I like this effect for high lights. :) but i do always seem to forget it!

All the edges of my card were distressed using a CTMH edge distresser. The carsdtock for the image was also sponged with Antique Linen Distress ink.

Now here's something else i dont do very often... decorate the inside of my cards.
I'm really not sure why, other than leaving the space open inside leaves room for whatever i might want to use the card for. However, since I knew i wanted to give this card to my hubby, i wanted a special sentiment for the inside.

I chose one of the wordarts, The Most Important Thing, we released in January in honor of valentine's day. However, i think this wordart can be used any time of the year.

I kept with the distressed feeling and distressed all my edges. Once i got to my sentiment, i couldnt find the edge distresser so i just used my finger nail. Not quite as distressed, but so much more worth while than searching for 30 minutes. :)

So thats my sneak peek for ya! Dont forget to check out the rest of the design team HERE!
Leave a comment, and you could win the whole release.
Also, join the PMS team in a release party on the 7th at 8pm CST. We'll have give aways, chatter, games and a whole lot more!

Whew. Ok, one last thing, this is my 2nd post for the day, and I'm kinda proud of my card (mainly because it's a technique i've been a little too chicken to try) so keep scrolling down to check it out!

14 comments:

Tina Sunday, April 04, 2010  

Oh my goodness, I love the strong colors you chose. Greg looks so stinkin cute!

Lorie Sunday, April 04, 2010  

That stamp is adorable Katie! I also love Danni's stamp...SO cute!

Shaela Sunday, April 04, 2010  

fabulous card katie - I love the colors you chose and the whole layout is fabulous!

dawnmercedes Sunday, April 04, 2010  

Great card...love the color pallette.

Danni Sunday, April 04, 2010  

What an awesome card! love it!

Tangii Sunday, April 04, 2010  

I Love it!! Your coloring is amazing as always! As soon as I move across the street (lol) you can show me how to do the White Souffle ;)

Happy Easter Girl!

Ashley Newell Sunday, April 04, 2010  

He is so sweet Katie! I love him! Perfect for mommies with baby boys! :) Happy Easter!

Tracey Sunday, April 04, 2010  

What an adorable image Katie! I just love your card! Happy Easter to you! xx

Christi Flores Sunday, April 04, 2010  

Sweetie, this turned out wonderful!!!!!

Michelle VP Sunday, April 04, 2010  

What a charming card! I love hearing your stories behind your stamps too. :) Great woodsy feel with these colors. :)

Anonymous,  Sunday, April 04, 2010  

This is so sweet Katie...fabulous stamps...as always :)

Christy/Tiddly Inks Digitals Sunday, April 04, 2010  

Cute design. :) I also am married to a cutie pie baldie...who also cuts what is left really short. LOL

Lisa Kind Sunday, April 04, 2010  

Oh this is so cute! I LOVE the colors you chose, and your coloring is perfect! I'm sure your hubby will really appreciate this...great choice of sentiment on the inside!

Lisa M. (aka. Lisa @ Farm Fresh) Sunday, April 04, 2010  

A great card, Katie! I love the colors you used and his red hair!

Post a Comment

Thank you SO very much for taking the time in your busy schedule to leave a comment! It just makes my day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blog Sites

Blog Archive

Listen to makeupartistkaties playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP