My very first Easel Card!!!

>> Saturday, April 3, 2010




I did it! I made an easel card!
I have been wanting to make one of these bad boys, but would either forget, or be too intimidated, or not have enough time, mojo, etc.
Well, there's nothing like a challenge to make ya do something!

The Greeting Farm is having a little battle of the stampers challenge!
Ok, "little" is not the right word. it's kinda HUGE! There were over 60 teams to start, all with 3-5 stampers per team! Thats a lot of stampers!
My team is named Coast to Coast Stampers since we all live pretty much across the country from each other! Gotta love the online crafting community!
Each week a different team member must complete the challenge and this week it was my turn!
The challenge was to make an easel card! So make one i did! (and it was a lot of fun!)

Here is my card...

I used one of the Wild Sprouts named Stella. I love this girl! The stamp makes me want to cut my hair it's so stinkin' cute! Then i remember i dont LIKE my hair short. hahahah!

Here's a view of the "easel" aspect of the card. By the way, i followed THIS TUTORIAL for my easel card. :)


I used My Mind's Eye paper from the Quite Contrary line. LOVE this paper! It's double sided so you can see both sides on my card (the polka dot is one side and the argyle is the other.
I also decided to paper piece her dress, but then her arms seemed to get lost so i stamped her arms again and layered them on soem foam adhesive so they would actually sit higher than the paper pieced dress.

For my sentiment, i wanted something a little "lovey" since Stella is holding an envie sealed with a heart. Then i remembered this sentiment from the Keep Cozy set (which is actually a set with snowmen, but this sentiment was perfect!)



Ok, so here's my little catch for this post. The battle of the stampers is a voting contest! Now i'm not saying you have to vote for my card. but i know that i will really feel terrible if my Tangii (3rd team player for the Coast to Coast Stampers) never gets to play, so if you do like my card, and would like to vote... you can do so HERE. :)

THanks so so much for stopping by today! A little later i'll have my sneak peek post up for Paper Makeup Stamps! :)

9 comments:

Tracey Sunday, April 04, 2010  

This is incredible Katie! A gorgeous easel card! xx

Kelly Schelske Sunday, April 04, 2010  

Super cute Katie! Love your coloring and the papers are awesome!

Jessica Diedrich Sunday, April 04, 2010  

She is GORGEOUS Katie! WOW! Your coloring is awesome, love stella as a blonde! Hope you and your precious family have a wonderful Easter!

Shaela Sunday, April 04, 2010  

you did a fabulous job, Katie - I'm so glad you're on my team!!

Tangii Crain Sunday, April 04, 2010  

Stella is amazing and the card is just perfect! So exciting!! Fingers crossed.

Michelle VP Sunday, April 04, 2010  

This is adorable! Love that pieced dress. :)

Lisa Kind Sunday, April 04, 2010  

Oh I forgot about this! I remember Tangii (or someone on the team) asking about this! Bummer I forgot...sounds like fun! Your card is fabulous! Love the coloring, your great paper, and the easel card! Aren't they fun? My MIL likes them cause my cards are always too top heavy and they fall down! LOL!! Great card, Katie!

Cookielady Sunday, April 04, 2010  

Totally cute card!!

Traci

i'm with the band Sunday, April 04, 2010  

That is really cool! Your card is SUPER CUTE too!

Post a Comment

Thank you SO very much for taking the time in your busy schedule to leave a comment! It just makes my day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blog Sites

Blog Archive

Listen to makeupartistkaties playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP