You're the cat's meow!

>> Thursday, January 21, 2010


Here is a card i made this afternoon for my Copic Club i teach at Funkie Munkie Scraps.
I dont always make cards out of the pictures we color in the class. Not sure why, i think i forget!

Well this month we are focusing on a different overall look to the colored image. High contrast!
This is leaves the center not colored and then uses the colorless blender to fade out from the center. I'm not going to lie to you... this coloring style frightened me a little! Haha. Well, trying it didnt, but thinking that i would be teaching it did! I love the look when i see others do it, so i just had to play and find my rhythm with it! I'm always looking for ways to go outside of my comfort zone artisically. Whether its stamping, coloring or doing makeup. Expanding your comfort zone makes you a better artist!

Ok, stepping off of my soap box now...

Here is my first card using this new to me coloring style...



I love this stamp image from The Greeting Farm. I've had this set for entirely too long without inking it up! I think they are called gingerbells but for the life of me I cant find them on the website to link them up! Sorry about that!

Here are a few details shots...


I used my copic airbrush inside a nestie to get this look. I do this a lot, but i dont usually use a "bolder" color inside the nestie. I'm kinda diggin' the different effect and how much whiter the ring is!


I would really like to work on the "smoothness" quality of my coloring in this style. Other than that, i think it's a lot of fun! As with any new technique, you gotta practice. Thats what i always tell both my makeup and coloring students. I just dont like it when the rule has to apply to me too! hahahaha!


My card for you tomorrow is for the Makeup for the Weekend challenge and it's also a card i'm showing tonight in class! So if you are interested in seeing more from this technique, be sure to tune in tomorrow!





Stamps:
The Greeting Farm; gingerbells

Coloring with Copics
Colors used.... YR000, YR12, YR15, YR18, R20 and a LOT of colorless blender

Paper:
Cardstock: Pacific Point (SU_, Tangerine Tango (SU), Solar White (Neenah)
Patterned Paper: Pacific Point designer paper (SU)

Tools and Accessories:
Spellbinder Nestabilities Standard Ovals and Scalloped Ovals
Dots and Dashes ribbon (picked up at Michael's)
Studio G Rhinestones
The Paper Studio brads


Thanks so much for stopping by today!

6 comments:

Christi Flores Thursday, January 21, 2010  

This is too stinkin' cute!! I love that image!

Jessica Diedrich Thursday, January 21, 2010  

This is so cute and what a fun technique! It came out great w/ the airbrushing!!!

Danni Thursday, January 21, 2010  

Love the coloring!! Super cute card!

Unknown Thursday, January 21, 2010  

This is so cute Katie -- great bold color choices - and GREAT coloring too -- I have yet to master that technique...

Karen Friday, January 22, 2010  

Though its not always easy, I agree with you about stepping out of your own personal box & trying something new being great for overall growth. And I guess you did too......bolder colors inside the Nestie, huh? I like it!! It makes for a punch and quite a happy card! :>

Post a Comment

Thank you SO very much for taking the time in your busy schedule to leave a comment! It just makes my day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blog Sites

Blog Archive

Listen to makeupartistkaties playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP