Paper Makeup Stamps Blog Hop with a My Time Made Easy template!

>> Thursday, January 14, 2010




Ok, that blog post couldnt be longer if i wanted it to be!

Today is THE day! The day of the January release of Paper Makeup Stamps!
And with every release day, the Makeup Artists bring you a blog hop!
Now if you are just a follower of my blog, you'll need to start from the beginning.
Go to the PMS Blog to start your hop and to learn about getting your CODE for a 15% discount off the new releases!

If you've been hoping along from the get go, then you should have arrived from Amber's blog.

And before i forget, because i've done it before...

My letter for you is...
V


I am *in love* with this release! Truly, i am! I know i'm in love with every release, but i really do love this one quite a bit! haha!

For my hop card, i'm showing you Moody in Love, designed by Cynthia Liu.
This moody is so sweet and not quite as detailed as some of the other moody girls. If you love the moody's but have been afraid to try them out, here's a great one to start with!




I decided to pair my Moody Girl with a template called Cutesy Cover from My Time Made Easy.
And you're not going to believe this, but this template is FREE! Thats right, it's a freebie curteosy of MTME's owner (and my friend!) Lauren Meader. This template is a great way to test out one of the MTME templates and see how they work! Even better if you have a cutting program (like sure cuts a lot) so you can see how the MTME templates work with your cutter.
If you dont have a cutter, this template of course is still available as a PDF file as well.

Here's a close up shot of Ms Moody.... details of copics used will follow below :)


I love all the hearts nestled within her hair! And i can almost see the wind of love blowing over her!

For the hexagon shape, I used the geometric shape custom cutter from Creative Memories.



Did you notice the "patterned paper"? I stamped it! I've been very into stamping the background lately! Here I used one of the hearts available from the Hugs and Kisses set. There are 3 hearts in this set, and I used the other 2 yesterday! So this heart was just BEGGING me to be used today!

Here are just a couple more detail shots...
I used an edge distresser along the fold over flap edge as well as along the cover papers.
I also used my crazy sewing machine once again. When it started acting up i decided to just cover over it a few times. Oh i mean, i meant to make it look that way. haha!
For a faux button closure (it actually does securely close underneath using some circle pieces of velcro. I threaded my button using DMC floss and then adhered that to the button and then the adhered it to the front.



Now it's time for you to hop along to Christi Snow's blog!

Hope to see you tonight at the party!









Stamps: Paper Makeup Stamps
Moody for Love
Hugs & Kisses

Coloring with Copics
Skin: E00, E21, R20
Hair: "E23 custom color", E25, E37
Hearts: R00, R11, R30, R20, R21, R32
Eyes G12, G14

Paper:
Green is Katydid by Bazzill, Pink is Sweet Blush from PTI, White is Solar White by Neenah, darker pink is Berry Sorbet by PTI

Tools and Accesories
Sure Cuts A Lot, Cricut Expression
Custom Cutting System in gemstones by Creative Memories
Saddlestitched grosgrain ribbon in Berry Sorbet by PTI
Flower from The Paper Studio
Button from Creative Cafe
Thread/Floss by DMC
Sewing Machine

32 comments:

Christi Thursday, January 14, 2010  

Everything about this is gorgeous! Your coloring is perfect and I NEED to go get this template...so fun! smiles...

Christi Flores Thursday, January 14, 2010  

This is wonderful girl!! Wow!!

Lindsy Thursday, January 14, 2010  

WOW WOW WOW! Your coloring is amazing and your creation is totally fabulous! I've never tried a template before, but now I might just HAVE too! =)

Anonymous,  Thursday, January 14, 2010  

This is so beautiful! I love all the details and the image is wonderfully fitting!

Anonymous,  Thursday, January 14, 2010  

eeekkkkk!! I LOVE the stitching and distressing :) LOOKS TERRIFIC!!

Tina Thursday, January 14, 2010  

Super sweet! This is so darling!!

Creepy Glowbugg Thursday, January 14, 2010  

Fabulous creation! Your coloring and shading on the Moody girl is amazing!

jan farnworth Thursday, January 14, 2010  

what a great project you did a great job with all the details nicely done.

Turnedgypsy Thursday, January 14, 2010  

this is all new to me. i would love to learn to stamp. the cards are just so beautiful. i will try to find you tonight. this is my first hop with you, so off i go and hope i do it right, lol.

chriswooten1999
mcwooten1999@carolina.rr.com

Michelle VP Thursday, January 14, 2010  

Darling project! Love all those pink tones together with the soft green. :)

Gabby Thursday, January 14, 2010  

This is gorgeous! I love your coloring and distressing and stitching....and...I love it all! It reminds me to use my template too...lol! :P

Dawn Thursday, January 14, 2010  

how perfect is this project? I love it... everything about it!!! gorgeous!!!

dawnmercedes Thursday, January 14, 2010  

Very Vivacious! I love the hexagon shape as well!

Lisa M. (aka. Lisa @ Farm Fresh) Thursday, January 14, 2010  

A-MAZING, Katie! your coloring is just flippin' awesome and this is such a cute little project! congrats on another spectacular release!

Janet's Joy Thursday, January 14, 2010  

What a great project! Love all those hearts in her hair.

Brandi Thursday, January 14, 2010  

This is beautimus Katie!! Love that you made your own patterned paper. :)

Randee E Thursday, January 14, 2010  

Katie, this is fabulous!! I think I need this template. I love the distressing and the way you color is phenom!! You are one talented girl with some brush and ink!!

Mandi Thursday, January 14, 2010  

I love this project Katie! So cute! And I love the image you used for this too. Very nice!

Kristie W. Thursday, January 14, 2010  

Your creation is so pretty, love that Moody girl!

Tracey Thursday, January 14, 2010  

WHat a gorgeous creation Katie! I love it! xx

Shana Thursday, January 14, 2010  

Oh my Katie I have no idea how you do it all! This is amazing! I love your stamping.

Cheryll AW Thursday, January 14, 2010  

Beautiful demonstration of your creative skills. Thanks for the freebie tip too.

Lee - grandmalee Thursday, January 14, 2010  

How gorgeous! Your coloring is impeccable, as usual! Really love the background paper too...I must do this to get some more stamping time!!!!

Neesey Friday, January 15, 2010  

What a wonderful project. Beautiful job on the coloring. Love it.

Kim Friday, January 15, 2010  

Oh Katie, that is just gorgeous. Love that Moody Girl and that template is beautiful!

Melyssa Friday, January 15, 2010  

OMG!!! That face just blows me away!! Thanks for the close up, I just had to see how you did it! The nose...OMG!! Wow. You really added another dimension to the image. Amzing Katie!

Pat (mspfd) Friday, January 15, 2010  

What a gorgeous creation. Your coloring is amazing.

Danni Friday, January 15, 2010  

Wow!! Wow!! Gorgeous, gorgeous creation!!

Lisa Kind Sunday, January 17, 2010  

I cannot believe I didn't leave a comment on this, because I did see it and drooled over it! I guess I was just hopping through quickly at work! Oh well, it's GORGEOUS!! Love all the details and distressing! Great job!

Christine Sunday, January 17, 2010  

What a fantastic project. I love all the details that you put into it. Love the stamped background and all of the stitching. Your coloring is fantastic. Such talent. So glad I stopped by.
xoxo, Christine

Post a Comment

Thank you SO very much for taking the time in your busy schedule to leave a comment! It just makes my day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blog Sites

Blog Archive

Listen to makeupartistkaties playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP