PMS sneak peek day 2 combo with Just Us Girls!

>> Tuesday, January 12, 2010


I love birthdays! I've always loved birthdays! It's really a shame since my husband cares so little about them that he actually FORGOT mine this past year. I'm still not going to let him live that down. Maybe i should remind him of that since i'm trying to take over his office. Anyhoo-

I love birthdays! I love my own birthday. I love other peoples birthdays. Its just plain fun to have a day of your own, ya know?! Well, for those of you coming over here from the PMS blog, you might already know that Paper Makeup Stamps is having a birthday very very soon!!! February 2nd to be exact! I cant believe my little stamp company is going to be turning 1!!! it seems like only yesterday it was just this little dream of fun=ness and now it's a fully functioning company complete with a FIERCE design team! All i can say is WOW!

We are going to celebrate the PMS birthday with all kinds of fun, but i'll just let you know now to mark your calendars and will save the details til later! :)

But today i have a sweet birthday card to share. Bonus... one of Jack's little girlfriends is having a birthday party soon and we just got the invite. Gotta love it when you can double whammy your work with your play!

This card uses Ally... one of the soon to be released stamps from PMS. Quick fun story about her name... you may (or may not) know that Jack helps to name many of the fairies. So long as he doesnt come up with a goofy name, or a name we've already used, i go with it. He definitely named Ally! He took one look at her and said... "OOOOOH! Allllllllly" (imagine a 3 year old sounding totally in love). And I said, Oh? ok then! And he said, "she has beautiful hair like allly at school!" I did know he had an Ally in his class. I did NOT know he had such a crush on her! haha!

So here's Ally, having her tea party. The sentiment comes from a great birthday sentiment set called Birthday Cheer that Shaela put together. You are going to LOVE this set!

Here is my card...


I just love this fairy image! I think she is one of my favorites so far! Truly! I know thats a tough call when there are so many new ones released, but i really love her. She's just so sweet!

Now for a little inspiration on my card, I decided to play along with this weeks JUGS challenge which was a technique challenge to sew on your card. let me tell you, my sewing machine does not like me. not one bit. I can not figure out the tension for the life of me! If you could see the bobbin thread on the underside of my paper... it's a mess! It makes it incredibly hard to actually sew a project, like a real one with fabric! haha! My sewing machine did not always have this problem. Would anyone like to enlighten me on how to get it to STOP! *sigh* I've tried the dials umpteen million different ways. No luck. Which is a shame because i love the way sewing looks on cards!

Here are some detail shots...

see the stitching weirdness! Argh! I know it's too tight which is why it's pulling in the corner, but any looser and the mess underneath is just TOO much!
trying to capture that sparkle in her wings! hehe!
I love these flowers! I just got them off of a floral stem at I think ac moore but it might have been hobby lobby. :) The fuzzy brad in the center is from Creative Cafe.


Oh... and one last coloring shot for you... exact colors used will be down in "the deets"


Dont forget to go to the PMS blog to see more sneak peeks of whats to come from Paper Makeup Stamps! You dont want to miss out!





Stamps: Paper Makeup Stamps, sneak peeks, to be released January 14th 8 pm CST
Ally from the Beautiful Day Fairy collection
Birthday Cheer

Coloring with copics
Skin: E00, E21, R20 (cheeks)
Hair: "Y20" custom color (YR31 would be a good substitute), Y21, YR23 (just a smidge for this one)
Blouse: R30, R20, R21
Skirt: "e23 custom color", E25, E37
TeaPot: E21, "E23"
Wings: R000, clear spica pen

Paper:
Patterned Paper: Pink designs from Martha Stewart (get the pad from walmart, 8 bucks, WOOT!), Brown design by Bo Bunny
Cardstock: Berry Sorbet (PTI), Brown (i totally forget the actual name) from Creative Memories, Solar White Classic Crest (Neenah)

Tools and Accessories
SpellBinders Nestabilities: Standard Long Rectangle (small), Scalloped Long Rectangle (small), Standard Circle (large), Scalloped Circle (large)
Flower off of floral stem (ac moore or hobby lobby)
Fuzzy Brad by Creative Cafe (creative imaginations)
Sewing Machine
Cat's Eye Chalk Ink n creamy brown


24 comments:

Kay D Tuesday, January 12, 2010  

This is just beeeeyoooteeful!
I love the color combo and the layout, your coloring, everything! This is a grogeous card!

Alexandra Lundgren Tuesday, January 12, 2010  

I think this fairy is one of my favorites too! Of course, Brandt is still first :)

BTW- sounds to me like your machine just needs serviced. Call around the to machine/quilting places and find out who will do it with a guarantee- should be all better!

melissa75 Tuesday, January 12, 2010  

Beautiful card - I love the stamp!

Tina Tuesday, January 12, 2010  

Oh. my. word. This is beyond precious. There's not a thing I don't love about it.

Gabby Tuesday, January 12, 2010  

Another gorgeous Katie creation! I LOVE the color combo...one of my all time faves!

Shaela Tuesday, January 12, 2010  

love the card! tension problems are a real pain. have you tried new/different type/brand of thread? sometimes the thickness of the thread can make it wonky. If that doesn't help... you will probably need it professionally addjusted. I take my machine and serger to a sewing repair shop once a year to get them all "back to square" and they come back fabulous!! (and it's not too expensize either) Good luck!

Stampin_melissa Tuesday, January 12, 2010  

Oh Katie, she's gorgeous! WOW! Love her!

jan farnworth Tuesday, January 12, 2010  

very cute love all the details.

Stampin Mindy Tuesday, January 12, 2010  

Ohhh I love this image. Its super cute. Great Layout and papers. Beautiful coloring.

Lindsy Tuesday, January 12, 2010  

This is such a beautiful card! I just love it....gorgeous job on the coloring and choice of colors =)

Tracey Tuesday, January 12, 2010  

This is such a gorgeous fairy and your card is just beautiful as always Katie! Your colouring is always incredible! xx

silvia Tuesday, January 12, 2010  

Katie~ Fabulous card!! Adorable fairy!! Your sewing looks so much better than when I try it :)

Danni Tuesday, January 12, 2010  

I'm lovin' the earth tones you are using! Gorgeous!!

Rene Tuesday, January 12, 2010  

I am coming to the tea party, lovely card.
Rene from OZ xo

AKiteFlier Tuesday, January 12, 2010  

Freakin adorable Katie - the image IS divine! I have not gotten my Janome out for exactly the reasons you stated - I don't get along well with bobbin tension! LOL Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls - it's great to have you with us as we kick off the new year. Hope you enjoyed this week’s stitching challenge and will come back for more on Saturday :-)

Anonymous,  Tuesday, January 12, 2010  

WOW, this is so precious :)

Kristie W. Tuesday, January 12, 2010  

I love, love, love this card!! The fairy, the coloring, the flower - its all fabulous!

Michelle VP Tuesday, January 12, 2010  

Your card is precious! I'm so glad you liked my tea party fairy idea. Can't wait to ink her up myself. :)

Mona Pendleton Tuesday, January 12, 2010  

Katie, this card is amazing! Look at you go girl, stitching away! Ally is such a sweet image & you did an awesome job coloring her :) Thank you so much for playing along with Just Us Girls technique/stitching challenge - Hope you are able to join us Saturday for an all new challenge!

FibreJunky Tuesday, January 12, 2010  

How dare he miss your birthday! I wouldn't let him forget either!

**hugs**

MarkerGeek Wednesday, January 13, 2010  

Lovely!!! :)

I am no expert on sewing machines AT ALL. I use the little Sew Mini and am amazed I manage to sew in a straight line. ;)

Lisa Kind Wednesday, January 13, 2010  

What a great story about Jack and his little "girlfriend"! I really like this image and your card (sewing and all) is so pretty! Glad you tried our JUGs challenge!

Christine Thursday, January 14, 2010  

Beautiful card, and that fairy is just too sweet! I feel your sewing machine pain... I just mentioned my sewing machine pain on my post earlier tonight! lol

Brandi Thursday, January 14, 2010  

Lovely card! I have been having difficulties with my sewing machine too... it's a bummer when it doesn't work.. glad you posted about it though cause now I think I am going to get my machine a doctor's appointment. :)

Post a Comment

Thank you SO very much for taking the time in your busy schedule to leave a comment! It just makes my day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blog Sites

Blog Archive

Listen to makeupartistkaties playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP