When Love is not Madness... a PMS sneak peek

>> Wednesday, January 13, 2010



Ahhhh, i love that quote! It's one of my favorites! That is why i couldnt wait to work on this sneak peek for you today! I am also particularly in love with some of the new fonts i've purchased to use with stamps! You'll see more new fonts in the future as well.

I truly had fun (like reckless abandon fun!) making this card. Granted, i wasnt paying close enough attention to my kiddos apparently and my 3 year old some how managed to rip his closet bar out of the drywall. He said he wanted to see the view. No more wonderpets for you!

Ok, back to my happy place!

I used the Monday Mojo Madness sketch (man, i love those sketches!)



For my card i busted out a few of those techniques i've been forgetting about. My friend and fellow team member, Lisa, reminded me lately, that heat embossing can give the perfect touch. I have so much embossing powder its redonculous! All sorts of colors. but yet, i rarely get it out. Well, i wanted the AWESOME love heart to really pop out (that stamp is from the Hugs and Kisses set to be released as well!). The red embossing powder on top of the chocolate paper was perfectly what i wanted! Now let me say, i remember well my hunt for the perfect red embossing powder! All the ones i tried werent actually opaque and disappeared on dark cardstock. Well, clearly, this isn't the case here! This is Top Boss (by clearsnap) embossing powder in red. :)

Here is a detail shot so you can really see the embossing in action! The little teeny hearts on my card were created using a versamark marker. I just drew little teeny hearts. haha.



Lately, I've been very into layers and texture on cards. I'm still exploring (and reminding) myself to play more with texture. So far i seem to be letting the layers add the texture. haha.

But this was a fun little trick. I cut my red strip, and realized i cut too wide of a strip. So i trimmed off a piece. And then i thought, you know, that would be kinda fun layered on top!
SO i glued the red strip on top of the red. Its not one of those jump out at you details. but thats why i like it. :)

I also heat embossed another heart from the Hugs and Kisses set and then cut it out (using an exacto knife) and adhered it to the top of the same colored cardstock as it was stamped on. Again, it makes it pop up just a smidge, but not so much as to steal focus.

There are other little details in this card. it was sort of a labor of love. but adding in those details, whether they are noticed or not are really what has been making cardmaking fun for me lately. It's those little details, the ones that might be missed, that remind me that i'm making my cards for my own enjoyment. Not because i have to. not because someone is expecting a card. But just because it's something i enjoy. The little details make it. :)


So thats my peek for you today! Be sure to head on over to the PMS blog to see the other fun wordart being released tomorrow, leave a comment and be entered to win the whole release! But dont forget, there are some hidden free stamps on the design teams blogs. You just gotta leave some comments to find them!

Be sure to check back in tomorrow for our super fun PMS BLOG HOP!

17 comments:

Christi Wednesday, January 13, 2010  

This is such a beautiful card, Katie. All those little details definitely make the card and since I am a layer girl myself, I LOVE IT! It is such a fabulous release this month!!! smiles..

Catherine Couch Doucette Wednesday, January 13, 2010  

Great card, Katie! LOL at your 3 year old :0) It's amazing how fast they can find something they shouldn't be doing!

Kim Wednesday, January 13, 2010  

Katie, that is beautiful! You are so talented at the word art!!!!

Kay D Wednesday, January 13, 2010  

Wow- great card! That is definitely some great red embossing powder, too.
Also, I love the hearts intermingled with the font on the sentiment. Lovely touch!

Anonymous,  Wednesday, January 13, 2010  

You know it's a good card when kids get destructive and you don't even notice ;) I LOVE IT!!!!

jan farnworth Wednesday, January 13, 2010  

great card. and it a wonder what kiddos can do and the reason they come up for doing them.

Unknown Wednesday, January 13, 2010  

I love everything about this card :)

Danni Wednesday, January 13, 2010  

I always forget about heat embossing too! Great card!!

Tracey Wednesday, January 13, 2010  

A fabulous quote and a gorgeous card Katie!! I love it! xx

Stampin_melissa Wednesday, January 13, 2010  

Love all the details and being happy and enjoying this craft is what keeps us coming back!

Cheryll AW Wednesday, January 13, 2010  

One thing leads to another, and voila, you have a unique, beautiful card to deliver. Very detailed cards are my favorites. This one is great!

Christine Thursday, January 14, 2010  

Love your card! Not overly feminine, so it would appeal to a man, but still pretty, to appeal to us women :D

MarkerGeek Thursday, January 14, 2010  

Gorgeous, Katie! Love it!

Michelle VP Thursday, January 14, 2010  

Love those embossed hearts! :)

Brandi Thursday, January 14, 2010  

Total awesomeness Katie! :) Love your story too!

FibreJunky Thursday, January 14, 2010  

Heat embossing is one of my very favourite things to do.

Post a Comment

Thank you SO very much for taking the time in your busy schedule to leave a comment! It just makes my day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blog Sites

Blog Archive

Listen to makeupartistkaties playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP