Do you want a sneaky peaky of My Time Made Easy february release?

>> Saturday, January 23, 2010


Oh i am SO excited!

My Time Made Easy is sponsoring the JUGS challenge this week!
There is something exciting for YOU too! If you play along this week in the JUGS Challenge, link up your creation and you could win a $25 gift certificate to My Time Made Easy!
And the JUGS girls get to sneak peek some of the February template and stamp releases!
BUT, i was told that i could play too! YIPPIEEEE! I think sneakie peekies can be so much fun!
Ok, perhaps its more fun when you get to SHOW the sneak peeks that when you have to just pine after what you cant have. HAHAHA! Well you can have these soon! February 1st soon!
There is some super cute stuff being released, but i'm going to keep my mouth shut except to announce...

Pretty Packing Template... Happy Mail
Pretty Impressions (acrylic AND digital stamps) Critters with Heart
Pretty Printables Love Notes Paper Collection

After having to remake my cute little mailbox thanks to a certain little 16 month old... remember the one i shushed with juice the other day... hehe... well, i made the HUGE mistake of running

Here is my project (for an unnamed friend, but it is going somewhere!)


This little mailbox was so much fun to make... that i made it twice! Truly i did. Ok, so not by choice. I did a bad thing... i left the room to get a drink.... with my 16 month old in the same room with my precious mailbox! Well, needless to say it wasnt in 1 piece when i came back in!
Good thing the templates are super easy to assemble and my cricut did most of the work for me!
The stamp set Critters with Heart is just so full of pun fun! Each cute image has a sentiment (or 2) that works so well with it!

I decided to take the pun fun to another level... see that sentiment! Well what do crafters like to stick on everything?

Answer: A whole lotta bling! Yes that is a lot of bling put in that mailbox! To my glee, it fit PERFECTLY! I picked these up in the after christmas special at Michael's so i was able to get quite a few packs! I have a friend who has added a lot of sparkle to my life, so i thought she deserved some sparkle of her own. So this will be sent out to her!

Now the little flap hanging down with the magnet isnt actually a part of the template. Once i did cram all that bling in there, the lid didnt want to stay shut tight, it hinged open a smidgen. So i just fashioned a little hinge out of a scrap of cardstock and added some bazzill magnetic snaps to it. :) Easy peasy!


Here are a couple shots of my card...


The krafty background here was created using paper (that i'm going to talk about in just a second!) and the same sentiment used before only stamped randomly with versamark ink.

Now i gotta talk a bit to you about this paper!
MTME is coming out with 3 new collections of pretty printables paper! The hearts you see on both the Happy Mail mailbox and on my card is just 1 of the delicious patterns in these collections!
But wait... it gets better! Couture Cardstock is matching the MTME digi paper to their cardstocks! SO if you are someone who loves to have matching cardstock to your patterned paper, we have your answer!

All the cardstock you see in my projects today is from Couture Cardstock. Here i used
Brown Paper Packaging
Candied Apple
Silent Night

The 3 cardstocks i chose all have various textures which i think is very fun on a project! All of them are definitely sturdy enough to hold up this project!



Stamps from My Time Made Easy, february release
Critters with Heart


Tools:
Pretty Packaging Template, Happy Mail (My Time Made Easy february release)
Cricut Expression
Sure Cuts A Lot
Nestabilities Standard Circle and Scalloped Circle

Paper:
Pretty Printable Paper, Love Notes (My Time Made Easy february release)
Cardstock:
Couture Cardstock, Brown Paper Packaging, Candied Apple, Silent Night

Accessories:
1/8 inch ribbon, offray
brads (giftie... no idea what brand they are! sorry! :) )
Bling (inside and out!) Studio G
Thin Hemp
Bazzill Magnetic Snaps

Ink: Versafine Majestic Blue

13 comments:

Alicia Weiman Saturday, January 23, 2010  

Oh this is cute! What a neat idea for a gift! I love the patterned paper you used. I printed it out, but didn't get anything made yet! That little porcupine is too cute!

Lisa Kind Saturday, January 23, 2010  

Hey...we are starting to think alike! Did you see my mailbox? Same dp! Hahaha!!! Yours is adorable x 2! ;-) That little porcupine/hedgehog in blue is too cute and LOVE all the bling! Great project, Katie!

Kristin Eberline Saturday, January 23, 2010  

Oh how fun! LOVE your bling bling mailbox and card! That blue porcupine is tooo CUTE with the rhinestone heart nose ♥ Such a great idea to fill your mailbox with more bling for someone who added sparkle to your life. That is so thoughtful!!

Your card is adorable!! LOVE how you scattered the sentiment to create your own patterned paper...thanks for that idea! You might see something similar this weekend ;] LOL

Mona Pendleton Saturday, January 23, 2010  

Katie, this Happy Mail © set is so cuuute! I love the rhinestone embellishments especially the Porcupine's heart nose! Very creative!

canda Saturday, January 23, 2010  

This is such a cute gift set! I love the paper!

Christi Flores Saturday, January 23, 2010  

K this turned out wonderful!!!!!! You ARE sending it to me right? *wink*

Firenze Sunday, January 24, 2010  

Oh so gorgeous!
TFS
Helen
Firenze Cards

AKiteFlier Sunday, January 24, 2010  

Katie I love this adorable box of bling - it is coming MY way right??? HA HA Seriously love the problem solving with the magnet - great idea. I have a project waiting in the wings with this same heart paper - I LOVE it! Your hedgehog and card are just a perfect pair - what a thoughtful gift.

Maria Sunday, January 24, 2010  

Totally adorable Katie!! Yes every crafter loves bling! and I LOVE how you filled this box with bling! That would make a great gift! Love the little magnet idea and the twine you used around the edges! Fabulous job and thanks for playing along!!

Sue Lelli Sunday, January 24, 2010  

This is so cute - especially with that adorable little critter! And you have one lucky friend getting all that bling! One can never have too much bling!

Tracey Sunday, January 24, 2010  

Oh my goodness, this is simply adorable Katie! I love it!! xx

Gabby Monday, January 25, 2010  

I love this Katie! Too darn cute! Who ever gets all that bling is one lucky gal! Thanks for playing along with us at JUGs!

Dana Gustafson Wednesday, January 27, 2010  

A mailbox full of bling!!!?!? You are my knda girl! Super cute Katie!

Post a Comment

Thank you SO very much for taking the time in your busy schedule to leave a comment! It just makes my day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blog Sites

Blog Archive

Listen to makeupartistkaties playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP