In loving Memory of Baylee Rose Tadlock

>> Monday, January 18, 2010


I count myself as very fortunate in a great many aspects of my life. I might say that i have the worst "stupid luck" on the planet. But i call it "stupid luck" because it means the item always goes on sale after i buy it full price, or when i think it's a good idea to squeeze just a little harder on the glue bottle to get something to come out it explodes. This is my life. Full of those little pesky things. But those little things... those annoying little buggers that happen to me... these are all a part of my very fortunate life. So i'll take them.

I have a wonderful and healthy family. I am able to stay at home with my young children. I have a husband who loves me and a family who supports everything that I do. There are many that are not as fortunate as I am. They lose loved ones far too soon. The struggle financially in a realm that is hard to even comprehend. They deal with illness, and struggles for life.

This is why charity is very important to me. God has given me a truly blessed life. It is my JOB to give back what he has so richly blessed upon me. With the start of my stamp company nearly 1 year ago, I've found one small way that I can give back. Charity stamps are a way that I can help many help just 1 (or a family).

When i was approached by 2 friends of mine in this wonderful crafting world we "live" in... my immediate thought was of course! How can i help! My friends Ashley Newell and Carole Chesser knew Sonda Tadlock. A papercrafter like you and I who's daughter Baylee had been diagnosed at 9 months with Leigh's Syndrome. As Baylee was in her final stages of life, Ashley and Carole wanted to help the family and asked if I would be interested in assisting them with this mission. I spoke with Diem who created this wonderful image so perfectly off of just a few photos of Baylee. Diem's ability to understand exactly what I'm looking for will never cease to amaze me. Perhaps thats what happens when 2 people just click from the get go. :)

Here is the image Diem created...


And here is a card i made using this sweet image. I paired it with a sentiment from the Dream Big set from Paper Makeup Stamps. Baylee loved disney, so i thought that this would be just perfect to pair with her image.


Since my internet has been less than kind to me today, I am going to quickly post a few detail shots. I'm sorry that i dont have marker numbers to provide today. I colored this image the day i received it from Diem and forgot to write down the colors used!

I've tried the trick of adding texture to patterned paper. Here i decided to "de-boss" the image. I've just put the patterned paper upside down in the cuttlebug folder. It gives a softer and less pronounced texture to the card.

Here is a detail coloring shot...

Please go to the PMS blog to see other creations using this image.

You can purchase this image HERE


5 comments:

FibreJunky Monday, January 18, 2010  

She is just so beautiful! Thank you, Katie!

Ashley Newell Monday, January 18, 2010  

Katie Cotton, your heart is made out of pure gold and I am so very blessed that you are my friend! Thank you so much for the wonderful image and for helping us feel like we can do SOMETHING to help the Tadlocks.

Melyssa Monday, January 18, 2010  

Wow Katie your so wonderful and caring. This is a wonderful image and gorgeous card.

Mona Pendleton Monday, January 18, 2010  

Katie, what a heart touching story & that image sweet image you designed in memory of Baylee is Priceless! You did an amazing job coloring her - I love all the blending! :) TFS

Tracey Tuesday, January 19, 2010  

Katie, you are amazing and so very generous!! There are lots of people who live a fortunate life who chose not to give back but you continuously go out of your way to help others. Thank you for that!!

This image is incredible and for such a fabulous cause!! I love it! Your card is gorgeous and so beautifully coloured!! xx

Post a Comment

Thank you SO very much for taking the time in your busy schedule to leave a comment! It just makes my day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blog Sites

Blog Archive

Listen to makeupartistkaties playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP