Word Art Wednesday! It's free!

>> Wednesday, October 21, 2009

So the previously Freebie Friday from Paper Makeup Stamps is moving to wednesdays. So now it'll be called Word Art Wednesday, but the idea is the same... free digi word art for you! So go check out the Paper Makeup Stamps blog to download your freebie! :)


Here's what i decided to do with it...



For starters, i really love the look of airbrushing a quote when it's still in the nestabilties die. I mean, it's that white edge that actually sold me on getting all of the nesties. I like the idea of embossing them, but this i loooove! Granted you would think a white mat would do the same, but this looks so much cooler to me! Anyhoo, thats where i started. I also knew i wanted to do a scrapbook layout of this picture of my hubby and I. Its my favorite picture of the 2 of us together. Maybe it's because i'm skinny. hahaha. Actually, it's from my birthday party at our favorite bar in Burbank. So there are some fun memories behind it.

The quote I also knew i wanted to use with a picture of my hubby and I because he truly is my best friend. We may spat as all couples do from time to time, but he truly does make me want to be a better person. I know i have my flaws, we all do. But he looks past them. Ok, he gets annoyed with them, but he tells me he's annoyed! I like that about him. So then i can go about trying to better myself. Not just to please him, but to be a better person. So, yeah, now that i'm all mushy... haha... the layout is pretty simple. I knew i wanted to frame it and too many layers would make it not fit into the frame. I stuck with all brown tones to match the sepia of the photograph.

Thats all i have for today... or at least the moment. I'm still working on gathering up stuff to put on the sell list! With any luck that will go up a little later today! :)

8 comments:

Michelle VP Wednesday, October 21, 2009  

How sweet! Great photo and loved hearing the story behind it. :) I also love how you did everything in neutral tones.

Kim Wednesday, October 21, 2009  

Katie, I love that - awesome picture!

Randee E Wednesday, October 21, 2009  

Love this layout. The rustic brown tones really look cool with the photo - which is so cute!!

Anonymous,  Wednesday, October 21, 2009  

This is a super fun layout. You do look skinny :) and both of you look a bit ornery!!!

jan farnworth Wednesday, October 21, 2009  

love the layout super job with this fun new quoute.

Shaela Wednesday, October 21, 2009  

what a sweet little layout of the two of you :)

Danni Wednesday, October 21, 2009  

What a wonderful layout!!

Anonymous,  Thursday, October 22, 2009  

Vert sweet layout. Love how you used the nestabilities.

Post a Comment

Thank you SO very much for taking the time in your busy schedule to leave a comment! It just makes my day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blog Sites

Blog Archive

Listen to makeupartistkaties playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP