Before Christmas comes Thanksgiving

>> Monday, October 5, 2009


Thanksgiving is a special time of year for me. It's when my hubby and I got married! We decided since our wedding would be one that all of our family would have to travel to, that at least we'd make it around a holiday they like to travel on anyway! SO we got married the weekend after Thanksgiving. It never occured to me at the time that some years our anniversary would actually fall ON thanksgiving. This is the case this year. Nothing like a romantic dinner for 2 surrounded by grandparents and aunts and uncles, cousins, and children running amuck. Ok, so I love it when our families get together for big family fun on thanksgiving. Actually, this year, my high school reunion falls on the weekend after, so we'll be traveling, having a wonderful anniversary turkey in Indiana and then my hubby's anniversary gift to me if to go with me to my reunion without complaining! hahahahahaha.

Ok... enough with the babbling! Today is day 4 of the sneak peeks for Paper Makeup Stamps. There is a new set called Grateful Thanks that just have some nice thankful sentiments including this Thanksgiving Prayer. The other sentiments in the set are not so fall and thanksgiving-esque (however there are some other fall themed singles being released!)

Here is my card...


I actually am not in love with this card. I just feel like it needs something else and i cant figure out what it is. maybe another layer of paper? Another embellishment? Oh well... maybe i'll rework it later! :)

Dont forget to stop by the PMS blog to check out some fabu creations from the design team!

3 comments:

Michelle VP Monday, October 05, 2009  

Wow, what a great way to remember to be thankful for your hubby every year too. ;) Sounds like you have a great holiday/anniversary to look forward to.

I like your card. I like the DP you chose, the layers and the stitching. I have yet to get the courage to run a card through my sewing machine! Not sure what else you could add to it. Ribbon somewhere? But I know what you mean, as I look at a lot of my own cards that way too.

Shaela Monday, October 05, 2009  

beautiful card! I have that tree paper but in a different color... but I LOVE the blue in yours!

Randee E Monday, October 05, 2009  

I think this card is fab - love that tree paper!

Post a Comment

Thank you SO very much for taking the time in your busy schedule to leave a comment! It just makes my day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blog Sites

Blog Archive

Listen to makeupartistkaties playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP