Color With Me!

>> Friday, October 9, 2009

Hiya everyone! Well i've decided to do a little something new... not with every card by any means, but i want to have a video series called "Color With Me" (thank you rachel for coming up with the name!)


In this video series, i'll basically just be turning on the video camera and letting it film while i'm coloring. Why would i do this? Well, i'm a firm believer that you can learn quite a bit just from watching. I LOVE to watch other artists! Whether it's watching someone else apply makeup, or color and image, paint a portrait, sculpt a pot, the list goes on and on. I just love to watch and take it all in! You can never know it all! There is always more out there! I think by watching others you can pick up little tips and tricks, learn a new product, color combo, technique, etc. Then go and practice it yourself! Make it your own! Thats what makes art so much fun!

Ok, climbing down from my little soapbox now. :) The first video in the series is using the image i used on my blog hop card (Moody for Apples, now available at www.papermakeup.com). I actually did end up putting in quite a bit of the directions in editting mode. When i have time i will do this, but editting is a lengthy process! I know i'll get faster, but still, some of the videos may end up being strictly watch only videos! haha.

Also to note... many of the areas have been sped up. It gets quite boring watching an image being colored in real time. Trust me! Plus YouTube videos for the lowly like myself must be less than 10 minutes. So i have to make sure they fit in the time frame. Besides, less time watching gives you more time DO'ing! :)

So sit back, and I hope you enjoy! Please feel free to rate it, comment there or here, and leave feedback of what else you'd like to see in the Color With Me series! :)




ONTO THE VIDEO! Special note... click on the name of the video in the top left corner and it will take you to the YouTube page it's on. You only need to do this if you want to enlarge the picture so it fills your screen a little more. Once on the YouTube page, click the red HQ button on the lower left side.


5 comments:

Shaela Friday, October 09, 2009  

woohoo!! Okay, I'm going to watch the video now, and I'm going to request: if you can't think of a coloring idea, I'm sure we would ALL love to see you color those heads on your copic hair chart!! You can do a whole mini series! hahahaha

Michelle VP Friday, October 09, 2009  

Fascinating! I just got my first set of copic markers and have wondered where to start with them. I don't know anyone "in real life" who owns them, so I was going to search out how to videos. Thanks for giving me a start. :) I had to pause it a few times to finish reading your written comments, but that's okay. I agree with Shaela about the heads mini series too!

Tammy Friday, October 09, 2009  

This was awesome Katie! I don't actually own any copics yet,coloring is not one of my better talents,lol. I just started coloring my images and have lots to learn but this tutorial was excellent and I enjoyed the music too :-)

Islander Girl Monday, October 12, 2009  

OMG! What a great preview of how you color!!! Love it!!!!! Thanks for sharing!!!

Post a Comment

Thank you SO very much for taking the time in your busy schedule to leave a comment! It just makes my day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blog Sites

Blog Archive

Listen to makeupartistkaties playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP