It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...

>> Sunday, October 4, 2009

Typically this is the time of the year that I begin yelling at stores. "Really?! Can i get halloween in order before i see all the christmas lights?" I'm not a forward thinker. I wish i was. I'm trying to be better! I also cant buy christmas gifts ahead of time because i'll just end up giving them to the person because i'm too excited!


However... every year i plan to make christmas cards. And every year i suddenly go, "Oh shoot, is it really December 21st already?

Well this year will be different. Ok, i say that every year, but at least this year I can combo my card making with work! :)

All of these cards are simple and super easy to make mass production style!!!! You gotta like that when it comes to christmas cards!

The first card i used a new technique for me! I colored the snowflake stamps with copic markers and then spritzed the stamp with colorless blender solution (in a mini mister bottle) and stamped away. I actually wanted some color variance so i colored in the snowflakes a little haphazardly with 2 different copic colors. And then i coated them with stickles... not sure that was the most brilliant move, but oh well. :)


This next card is my fav of the bunch. Maybe it's the button. I've been hoarding that button! haha. But the sentiment was so simple. I stamped it out and colored in the ornament and bingo, it looked so sharp! This was actually my first card and it made me think... huh, i can make these look good and keep them simple. Brilliant! hahaha.

Last i did another simple card with the scraps of the above cards (paper is double sided!). but still, i wanted a panel to stand out a bit. So i used the snowflakes from the Snow Happy set to make it stand apart from the other background. Super easy, and actually, my 3 year old is the one who stamped them because he wanted to help mommy! :)







Stamps:
Snow Happy from Paper Makeup Stamps
Season's Greetings from Paper Makeup Stamps
both to be released on October 7th at 8pm CST at the release party!

Paper:
All patterned paper from SEI Holly Lane Collection
Blue cardstock is Pacific Blue by Stampin' Up with matching Pacific Blue Ink

Tools and Accessories
corduroy brads on third card are Pacific Blue Corduroy "Buttons" by Stampin' Up (not sure why they call them buttons, they are definitely brads)
Super cool button on the 2nd card is one i picked up from the button bin at Funkie Munkie Scraps
Stickles in Waterfall


Dont forget to check out the Paper Makeup Stamps blog to see some pretty amazing creations by the design team! They are far more complex and pretty than my cards are today! hahaha.

4 comments:

Kim Sunday, October 04, 2009  

These look fantastic, Katie!

Michelle VP Sunday, October 04, 2009  

haha, I can so relate about the Christmas card thing! Thanks for some simple, yet delightful card samples to get the creative juices flowing in that direction. And tell Jack he did a great job stamping his part. :)

Blog Master E Friday, October 16, 2009  

I love simple pretty...cute cards!

Post a Comment

Thank you SO very much for taking the time in your busy schedule to leave a comment! It just makes my day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blog Sites

Blog Archive

Listen to makeupartistkaties playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP